Twelve

"Adrien, you are just such a big boy" A woman possibly in her seventies or eighties smiled. She had short layered blonde hair mixed with silver, hazel eyes, and light makeup. She hesitated pinching Adrien's cheeks as she couldn't blemish a model's most important feature. Adrien gave her a hug as his Gigi cherished hugs from her favorite grandson. "And a good boy too."

Adrien smiled as he barely ever saw his grandfather Donatien or grandmother Charmine. Adrien was told by his father that he had to put on a show. To pretend like they weren't practically strangers that showed up a few times a year. "Thank you, Gigi."

He led her and his grandfather into the dining room as his Aunt Ollie carried their luggage. "Which rooms do you want this in?" She asked as they slept in separate rooms. They claimed it was the secret to a long-lasting marriage.

"The two guest rooms on the second floor to the right."

"Oh Adrien, I don't think I could do that. Those rooms are so small."

"You could stay in my room or maybe Felix's." Adrien didn't want her to stay in his room even though he had suggested it. He meant it as a courtesy and nothing more. He couldn't stand her. Only grind his teeth and pretend like they had a good relationship. The last time his grandparents visited she made a big fuss over him owning 'filthy books and games.'

Manga that his friend Kagami had lent them ripped apart right in front of him. His Gigi's excuse was that she considered them inappropriate for a developing boy. She also tossed out his video games that were either dating simulators or lego themed. Games that weren't necessarily violent or provocative. That was just on the last visit. The worst part was she wasn't even spending the night just making sure that Gabriel was raising Adrien and Felix in a proper household.

He wanted to sound generous and not actually have to fulfill the end of his deal. Adrien also did not want to end up at the mercy of Kagami as she was rightfully furious as it took her years to collect them. She had harnessed most if not all of her anger into her fencing practices with him. Bruises and a few scraps were not fun if he did not have a trophy to make up for it.

His Gigi placed her hand on her leopard print covered chest. "I couldn't impose on my grandchildren. Perhaps, I could stay in the master bedroom. I am sure Gabriel wouldn't mind giving up his room for me." She frowned, realizing that her baby boy hadn't greeted her. "Where is Gabriel?"

"In his room." Adrien replied realizing his mistake

"At this hour?"

"He's... uhhh..." Adrien turned to his brother for help. Whom of which was not greeted with as much fondness as Adrien. He had gotten an apology smile from Olympia. She knew that her mother and step-father wouldn't stay at her place as it was too noisy due to the animals running amok.

"He has a migraine."

"Is he overworking himself again?"

Felix nodded. The simplest lies were the easiest to get away with. Although they might catch up with him as he learned the hard way.

"My poor baby boy. After the loss of dear old Ella he's never been the same."

"Emilie." Felix corrected as she had a bad habit of calling his mother by her name even when she was alive. "Emilie is my mother's name."

"Dear, she's dead. I could call her basketcase Beatrice and she would not bat an eye. That reminds me, I came here to help you and Gabriel out with your little lady issues. As the first born it's your duty to make sure the legacy is passed on. Quite frankly Felix, you should have been married off by now and making a name for yourself. Not still living with Gabriel."

Felix grinded his teeth as his Gigi was just as lovely as ever. He did want to deal with this as his day was booked with questioning his existence and if losing his one true love was worth it. He had secretly hoped that his grandparents would pass before he would ever had to introduce them to his girlfriend when he had one."I promise that I have a respectable woman in mind."

"It better not be that weird superhero girl you had pictures of as that is unbecoming of a young man." She referenced her last stay in which she threw out Felix's Ladybug memorabilia. "She's not a business woman."

Felix rolled his eyes as her templates for the perfect women were Barbara Keynes who was Olympia's wife and Natalie Sancoeur. They dressed well, were intelligent, and conveyed confidence. They had respectable professions. One as an aircraft pilot and the other as a personal assistant. They reminded Charmaine of her younger years as a pharmaceutical representative.

"I understand you think you're helping but I would rather go into my room and wallow in self pity."

Donatien raised an eyebrow as he was done sitting by. "Son, you need to pull your head out of your own ass. I know my son did not raise any sissy boys."

Adrien wanted to interrupt as on more than one occasion Felix or him sported more girly attire on the Runway. But he stopped himself as he did not want to suffer the heat of Grandfather Donatien.

"Back in my day, men kept going despite their troubles. They didn't dilly dally about and found themselves a woman. How do you think I got the most beautiful woman in the world? By chance? No of course.... What was I talking about?"

He was showing early stages of dementia that he tried to take in stride. He was a very old school man that refused help.

Adrien quickly intervened to save Felix from being tormented by Charmaine's rant. "You were telling us how pretty Gigi is."

"That's right. You're a good boy."