c.h.a.p.t.e.r..s.e.v.e.n

"True love stories never have endings

"True love stories never have endings." ~ Richard Bach

•f.a.s.h.i.o.n..s.h.o.w•
"You keep staring at me. I was wondering if there was something on my face."

"you're dating someone?!" Novil questions as soon as MC walks into class on Thursday.

MC raises an eyebrow. "Huh?" She thinks back to last Saturday. "Oh, Zeus? Nah, we're just friends."

Novil shoves his phone in her vision, filling her eyes with the sight of a trending Twitter post showing the two of them together during the tea party. Zeus is blushing while MC wipes his mouth of frosting from the cupcakes that Tallulah had made for them. She looks closer to see the handle and caption.

"babytallu
my little nephew and his new friend are so cute!"

It reads. MC isn't surprised at the post since Tallulah had asked her if it was okay for her to post it. MC didn't see a problem with the picture-- she actually put it as a widget on her phone-- and is prepared to deal with the dating allegations. She didn't think that the Tweet would get over 3 million likes, though.

"Yeah, like I said, just friends."

"That doesn't look like something friends would do, MC."

"Mercedes did that to you the other day, Novil. You eat burgers like a savage."

Novil rolls his eyes. "Mercedes and I are both hella gay, sis. Us doing stuff like that means literally nothing."

"My mom cleans my mouth all the time, does that mean she's dating me?" MC argues.

"Oh, so you wanna be Zeus' mommy, huh?" He teases.

MC blushes hard. She settles into her seat and pulls out her sketchbook. I knew that argument wasn't gonna work.

Novil notices her discomfort. "I'm just teasin', babe. A girl and a guy can easily be friends, no problem."

MC looks up at him with her typical puppy-dog eyes. Unlike when she usually uses them, this one isn't to get what she wants. This one is full of doubt. "Should I stop being friends with Zeus? Would it cause less drama if I did?"

Novil shakes his head. "Hell no, girl! I was honestly just joking. If you don't like Zeus like that, then that's all that matters."

MC bites her lip.

Novil narrows his eyes at that. "Do you like Zeus?"

MC blushes so much that it reaches her ears. "No...?"

Novil gasps theatrically. Just at that moment, his sister and Mercedes decide to walk in.

"What now, drama king?" Mercedes questions.