c.h.a.p.t.e.r..n.i.n.e

"Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness

"Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness." ~ Bertrand Russel, The Conquest of Happiness

•m.e.m.o.r.i.e.s•
"Crazy bastard almost killed me!"

zeus won, as per usual.

MC was so proud of him after his match, that she ran up to him and jumped into his arms after he was awarded his metal. His team, confused why their antisocial member was being hugged by a famous millionaire, glared at him while he was being photographed with her. It seemed like the entire day was all about him, which infuriated them even more.

Mercedes made sure to record all of their cute instances, saving it for the montage she took upon herself to make for when they "inevitably" get together. As much as she likes to tease Zeus for his little crush on MC, Mercedes is happy for them. The bubbly girl is something that Zeus really needs in his life, especially considering his upbringing. That's probably why the cousins have went with girls the total opposites of them.

As much as Storie likes to think her crush is one sided, Mercedes thinks of her as her girl.

Think of the devil and they shall appear. Mercedes thinks fondly as she stares at the caller ID on her phone.

"Hey beautiful," Mercedes greets with a smirk, imagining the slight tinge on red on her crush's cheeks.

"H-hi M. I'm sorry I couldn't watch you coach today, work was swamped and I was asked to cover like three shifts, so I'm the only one here—"

Mercedes chuckles lightly, interrupting her. "I read your text earlier, love, don't worry. I just didn't answer 'cause the matches were about to start. You want me to come over to the cafe right now? Keep you company?"

"Actually... I was wondering if we could go out later. I'll pay! I just want to apologize, since I've been coming to all of your wrestling events since we met and I feel awful for not coming this time. Especially since it's the boy's first real match of the season and you're coaching; that's a big deal!"

Mercedes smiles brightly, happy that no one is paying attention to her lovesick expression. "Not that you need to apologize, but I'd love to hang out with you." She pauses. "Is it... just the two of us or should the rest of the group come?"

Storie bites her lip nervously, currently taking off her apron as she clocks off from work. "Would it be okay if it's just us?"

Mercedes' eyes widen but she plays of her surprise. "Oh, so you wanna take me on a date, huh?"

Storie looks down at her shoes. "Um... yeah, l-like a date."