three

The procession concluded on the large bridge that spanned over the waters around Zora's Domain. Link, in the very back, opposite of his father, looked up in awe at the enormous carving of the fish over the throne room. Some soldiers who hadn't been to the city before were staring, struck by the beauty.

The group of Zora there to greet them were composed of a couple blue and green-skinned Zora guards and a short, red-skinned female. The smaller one was decorated in jewelry so intricate Link knew it could only be made by the Zora for their beloved princess.

Mipha welcomed Link's father and the diplomats warmly. While she led them to the large hall containing King Dorephan and his throne, some of the Zora guards recognized Link at the back of the procession and waved at him enthusiastically. He grinned and waved back.

"Link!" called a voice from far below. Link peered over the edge of the bridge and found a few Zora children treading water.

Bazz, Rivan, and Gaddison. The Big Bad Bazz Brigade. Link's friends. It'd been a while since he'd last seen them, but none of them had grown at all. The Zora aged differently than the Hylians. He smiled wide and waved down at them, and they swam in eager circles.

Link had been instructed by his father to follow at the end of the procession and make his way into the crowd as they entered the city. He wasn't meant to be tagging along at all, but Link kept quiet when he needed to and the Zora welcomed him as family.

Link's father made an effort to bring Link to all the places he may never see. Every time he had a couple weeks he could spare, he came home to his family and took his son out on an adventure. So far they'd been to Zora's Domain, the Akkala Highlands, and some of the Eldin region. They'd become good friends with the Zora during their brief stay, and returned for visits when they could.

This was a chance for Link to see the friends he made when he was just learning how to carry a sword.

As he separated from the procession, the three in the Big Bad Bazz Brigade swam up a waterfall to meet him. "Link!" A dark green Zora called out--Bazz. Gaddison and Rivan followed him.

The four of them collided together, nothing but laughter.

Link tried to keep his sword unnoticed by his side. It helped that it was hidden in a plain sheath. However, it was still odd for a thirteen year old boy to be carrying a full size weapon.

"Link, you're so much taller now!" Gaddison marveled.

Link said, "You guys are still the same size!"

Link spent the next few hours with the three of them, playing with wooden swords, chasing each other, and diving off of waterfalls. Though, Link could only handle the shorter ones.

All the while he tried to hide the Master Sword. Gaddison asked him about it at one point but Link only said he was holding onto a sword for his father. She didn't question him and his inability to let it out of his sight.

The Diplomats were finished around sunset. Link's father came to meet him in the city, followed by Princess Mipha. Link smiled, prepared to greet her, except they didn't look happy.

"Link," the princess called. "Have you seen Sidon?"

Link and the three others froze. They all shook their heads. As the princess finally reached them, she made a defeated noise and dropped her head in her hands. Link's father put a hand on her shoulder.

"It's all right, Princess. I'm sure he's just off in the city somewhere."

Mipha shook her head. "I'm worried he went up to Ploymus Point... no. He wouldn't have. He'd be too scared." She raised her head. "We'll just have to keep looking."