Season 4 episode 1 (30 days without an accident.)(EDITED)

(I LOVE THIS PHOTO)

Almost everything's changed, we became more productive and everything seemed to be going well. We had a farm, we had a stable water supply, and everyone seemed okay. We haven't had to use our guns and weapons for a long time but that doesn't stop me from killing walkers at the fence or working out to stay fit. We haven't caught the governor and we know he wasn't gonna stop until he gets what he wants, he's bound to come back.
[=~~~~~~~=]

I walked outside and into the fence, the people greeted me only to receive a wave from me. I mostly kept to myself. Karen, me and a few others kept up with the walker problem at the fence. They kept bunching up in one place, otherwise the fence would collapse. I started going faster with the farther ones "y/n!" I turned around to see Rick waving at me, I waved back with a smile until Carl waved, my smile faded and my hand dropped. I turned back to the walkers and continued on killing them. 15 later and we barely made a dent. Karen stopped me "go hang out with the kids your age" she encouraged "..fine." I shrugged knowing she wouldn't stop without a yes "thank you, now go have fun." She pushed me lightly "yes ma'am" I saluted her playfully before walking off.

I smiled as I passed Patrick "hey y/n" he said smiling, I put up two fingers and walked to the garden. Rick opened up the doors for Michonne then closed them once she was in. I walked towards Michonne "somebody hit the jackpot." Michonne said holding out some comic books "no way, awesome! Thank you." Carl said laughing as he grabbed the comics "I get to read 'em when you done." Michonne said before turning to Rick "and I found this." She handed Rick was looked like a razor "your face is losing the war" I laughed as they chuckled "you gonna stay a little while?" Rick asked "just a little while" she turned to me "good to see you having fun with the new people" she smiled "meh" I replied. Daryl and two cars drove closer to us "well, look who's back." Daryl said stopping in front of us "didn't find him." Michonne replied "glad to see your in one piece." Daryl said "I'm thinking of looking over near Macon." My head snapped in Michonne's direction as I remembered that one drug stirs with Leon clementine and Glenn "careful, shit ton of walkers when I was there." I warned "there's this drug store, if you wanna get to any medical supplies you go through the office, if your stuck go through the alleyway exit in the office" I added, she gave me a confused look "you'll know it when you see it" I shrug 'I miss Lee.' I thought as Daryl started talking. I looked at the walkers in the fence 'should I take care of that? They keep-' a loud shout came my way "y/n! Get over here!" I turned to see Karen. I smiled and walked over "Hershel says you should start helping on the farm" I nod "I'll be happy to" I said smiling widely "for when ricks gone of course" she adds.

Hershel taught me many things while Rick was gone, I smiled at Hershel before I felt a bug bite me. I quickly pulled my hand back and shook my hand "cunt!" I shout out of instinct "y/n, language" Hershel raised his tone as he spoke in a fatherly tone "sorry gramps." I apologized.
[=~~~~~~=]

As I walked in between the fenced I heard kids saying hi to the walkers "your naming them?" Carl asked causing them to turn around "well, one of them has a name tag, so we thought all of them should" I looked at Nick as I stabbed a few of the others "they had names when they were alive. They're dead now." I sighed and shook my head "no they're not. They're just different" I looked at the kid who said that 'crazy kid's gonna get someone killed.' I thought as I stabbed another "stop! Your killing them!" A kid shouted "what the hell are you talking about? Okay, they don't talk, they don't think, they eat people, they kill people." Carl said trying to reason with them "people kill people and they still have names." The same kid said "have you seen what happens? Have you seen someone for like that?" Carl asked as I leaned against inside fence "yeah, I have." She replied "they're not people and they're not pets. Don't name them." Carl said sternly "we're supposed to go read, come on." She led the small group away. One of them stayed back "coming to story time tonight?" She asked Patrick "uh, yeah." Patrick said as he looked at Carl then to her "what about you Mr y/n?" She asked "always sweet heart." I smiled "yay! See you guys then!" She happily skipped away "why'd you call her that?" Carl asked looking a bit annoyed or even.. Jealous? As Patrick spotted Carl now looking at him funny "I go sometimes, I'm immature. You wouldn't dig it, it's for kids" I chuckled "I'm gonna head up there too. I'll catch you later young sir." He turned around "yep." Carl replied as Patrick walked away. Carl turned around to me, he walked closer to the fence "what are you doing?" He asked "keeping the Walker situation at bay, what're you doing short stuff?" I asked with a smirk "don't call me that." he replied "fine." I rolled my eyes "so.. I was wondering maybe tonight you and me hang out? I have a few comics I was saving for a comic marathon night but uh.. we could read them together?" I asked a little nervous "wait really? You have comics?" He asked "from a few runs, yeah." I replied "I'd love to- I mean yeah yeah, cool. I'll be there" he said trying to keep his cool, I chuckled "alright, I'll see you there Mini Grimes." I smiled and walked away.

I helped with the crops and the animals some more until I fell backwards on some of the grass after successfully pulling out a weed and started panting "overworked already?" Hershel asked while chuckling "yes sir.. you should've seen me walking up one staircase and I already get out of breath. I'm built for running and slicing stuff, not for genuinely doing stuff. sorry Hershel." I apologized as I sat up "don't apologized, you've done a lot for your first day" Hershel said with a smile "I did? I feel like I've done less" I groaned as I flopped back onto the ground "your just an overachiever aren't you?" He asked "maybe, maybe not." I replied with a smirk, Hershel stood up still chuckling and turned to a plant tending to it "hey- woah what happened to you?" I looked up to see Marley "oh hey.. just uh- working?" I smiled weakly "it's story time, come on." I whined and stood up with her help. I looked at Marley and smiled.
[=~~~~~~=]

I leaned on Marley's shoulder as we listened to the sorry Carol read. Suddenly she stopped reading "today were talking about knifes- how to use them, how to be safe with them and how they could save your life-" I cut her off by gasping "Carol." I said shocked "ma'am may I be dismissed?" Patrick asked "what is it?" Carol asked "I'm not feeling well." He said as I stood up "sometimes your gonna have to fight through it. What if you wind up out there alone?" Carol asks "Carol, let the kid go." I said crossing my arms, Carol looked at Patrick "go." He stood up and speed walked out. I followed closely behind Patrick, but before I could even exit I heard Carol say "please, don't tell your father." Footsteps grew near as I opened the door. After I walked through I felt Carl's hand grab the ending of my sleeve and walked dragging me behind him.

We didn't tell his father yet but instead we went to our cell, we talked for a while then once night came up we closed the curtain and read the comics. I smiled as I sat beside him, we were reading the same comic, some page, same panel, same word. We matched each other perfectly as we read. We both gasped at the plot twist "no way" I whispered "how could he do that to him?" Carl asked as we kept reading the hero got back at him "yes!" Carl cheered "let's go." I fist pumped excitedly. Once we reached the end we both closed them "that was so good" I said covering my mouth as I smiled "yeah it was." He smiled. We both turned to face each other at the same time, I realized how close we were to each other and blushed, he blushed too and I felt his pinky and ring finger over mine since our hands were beside each others. He was still talking about the comic and he seemed so happy while he talked, I liked seeing him happy. I didn't know how I could've went from hating him one minute then asking him out to a almost practically date date but with comics and it was just the two of us, it was the end of the world, I couldn't hold a grudge against him. Every time we hang out like this and we're both really happy I remember 'he likes Firefly, not me..' I thought as my smile faded a bit "what's wrong?" Carl asked a bit concerned "hm? Nothing, continue" I said snapping out of my thoughts and paying full attention to him now, he chuckled his blush growing a bit more prominent then continued to rant on the comic book series making small hand gestures.
[=~~~~~~~~~=]

Words first published; 1517
Originally Published; between 2022 or some shit, I don't remember.

Words when fixed; 1670
Published; July 9th 2023 10:22 PM.