Season 4 episode 4 (indifference)

(The way I'd jump into this water if this man fell overboard even though I can't swim)

Y/n heard the sound of footsteps getting close before they stopped in front of his bed. He looked over and saw a boy around his age, a boy he checked in on after the outbreak. He spent most of the time caring for the boys wounds when Hershel couldn't, he never got the boys name "hi" y/n said in a friendly tone the boy looked down and smiled "hello again, my names Keith. It's nice to have someone in here that I know- not that I wished you would get sick or anything!" He said quickly trying to clarify as y/n chuckled "don't worry about it. It's a pleasure to meet you Keith. My names y/n." Y/n said calmly as he slowly sat up.

Most of the day they would spend together talking and found out they had much in common, it's like they just clicked. They both liked the same things, they played some games together and took small naps together. A new found friend.

Soon y/n could barely move his head, he was getting weaker, sicker. He wanted to pull through for his team, his family, his friends.

_______
Carls pov
]=~~~~~~~~=[

I looked at the kid on the other side of the glass. I saw him and y/n spending time with each other a few days ago, they spent hours together after the outbreak bonding and talking. I hated him. He was taking my best friend from me, he could get him killed, he was the one who got him sick in the first place "He can't, he can barely talk right now. He's getting worse." Keith said from the other side of the glass, I felt sad and anger. I banged on the glass "you got him sick! This is your fault, If he dies his blood is on your hands!" I shouted, Carol grabbed my shoulder "Carl stop." She said pulling me back a bit "it's his fault! Y/n wouldn't be in there if it weren't for him." I glared at Keith "you just had to talk to him! You just had to run your fucking mouth and touch him with your disgusting hands!" I banged on the glass a final time "watch your mouth." Carol said before Lizzy walked over to the glass "Carol" she smiled until she saw me and Keith. She leaned over to Keith and whispered something "why did you tell me sooner?" Keith asked before he ran off. I turned to Carol "why aren't I in there with him? I hugged him, I should be sick and in there." I said crossing my arms "you aren't sick, he is. Once you show symptoms you'll be put in. Don't even try to fake it." Carol said sternly.

]=~~~~~~~~~=[
Keith pov bc I can
]=~~~~~~~~~~~=[

I ran over to y/n's side "I'm so sorry, this shouldn't be happening." I whispered as I moved his hair away from his face. He was either dead or asleep, I put my ear up to his chest his heart was still beating but very slowly and weakly. I got up "hey Hershel?" I called out looking around "yes?" He called from the top of the stairs "I don't think y/n's Gonna make it.." I looked back down to y/n "he will, trust me. He's just calm and asleep." He said turning back to Glenn "could you bring him up here?" Hershel called out "yeah, hang on." I called back wrapping my hands under his back and under his knees. I picked him up and walked up the stairs, he was surprisingly light. I gently put him down on the floor beside Glenn, Glenn smiled and put his hand on y/n's cheek "thank you Keith, you can go now" Hershel said before turning to the other two "alright." I started walking down the stairs "hey y/n" I heard Glenn whisper. I watched Glenn out of the corner of my eye "I promise your gonna be okay. I'll look after you for now." He added quietly as he rubbed up and down his back.
[=~~~~~~~~~~~=]

Time skip (y/n's pov)

"Hey Glenn?" I said after the long silence "yeah?" He responded quietly as to not wake up anyone sleeping "why'd they let me keep my weapons?" I asked leaning my head onto his shoulder "I'm not really sure, maybe they forgot to take them?" He suggested "maybe.. hey Glenn?" He turned his head slightly to me "if we get separated from each other, you me and Mo-Maggie. Promise we'll find each other?" I asked he hummed slightly "of course. I'll always find you both." He reassured, I smiled and relaxed "do you think I'll ever find a new family?" I asked "you've already gotten one. me, Maggie, Carol, Daryl, Tyreese, Michonne, Carl, Rick, Judith, all of us are your new family. I promise" he smiled and laid his head on mine. I sighed softly and closed my eyes once more
[=~~~~~~~~~~~~=]

Date; Feb 10th 2023 7:25 pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Words; 864
Date; July 10th 2023 2:10 AM