Season 4 episode 2 (infected)(UPDATED)

(He really said: 🧍‍♂️) (me at family events^)
[=~~~~~~~~=]

He kept talking, I liked it, I liked his voice. I smiled as he talked, we both shifted on the bed closer to the wall and more onto my bed "so.. do you like anyone?" Carl asked out of no where "why?" I asked "no reason just a question to break the silence" he replied scooting closer "not really, do you like anyone?" I asked flipping the question to him "not really" he shrugged "alright, maybe we should go to bed?" I said looking around "fine" he said almost whining. I chuckled as he got up onto his bed.
[=~~~~~~~~~~=]

I woke up earlier than I should've, I quickly got up the alarm started ringing then Rick moved the blanket from the cell door. He gestured to Carl, I nodded to which he left. I quickly climbed the bed slightly on top of him and gently shook him "Carl" I called out "time to get up." I said only to receive a groan. I smirked and straddled him before I pressed both of my hands on his chest and mimicked chest compressions, Carl coughed and sat up our faces centimeters apart as I looked at his eyes, I couldn't help but be reminded me of a big Iceberg, there was more than what laid above the surface "finally." I said before Carl playfully pushed me "it's too early for that" he said with a small smile I rolled my eyes "it's never too early." I leaned back up to my original sitting position before he pushed me "good morning Mini Grimes" I smiled as he slightly leaned forward "morning y/n~" he replied, I could see a smile forming on his face as he spoke in a weird flirty voice. I blushed "I'm really hoping you didn't learn that from Firefly." I said rolling my eyes playfully "nope.. maybe" he chuckled again and leaned in a bit more blushing a little bit and started to get nervous while panicking. "Okay! Uh- your dad needs you to get ready for the day!" I said before I heard him sigh softly and look a bit disappointed, we pulled away and I climbed down. I walked out Beth and Rick were already up. I stretched and yawned before walking over to them.

"Careful out there." Rick said as we walked with Michonne "always am. Any requests? Books? Comics? Some stale m&m's?" Michonne asked "you're the one who liked stale M&M's." Carl laughed "then I'll definitely be looking for some. I'll look for some stuff you like, too." Michonne said as she walked with the horse "why don't you wear your hat anymore?" Michonne asked "it's not a farming hat. See you soon?" Carl called out "pretty soon." Michonne replied. Rick and Carl worked on their side while I worked on mine, I looked up at the fenced to see one bending in a bit more "shit." I murmured as I got up and walked over to the fence quickly.

I killed a lot of them, the fence didn't bend as much as it did earlier thankfully. I walked back to the others to see them feeding the pigs. Right before I could call out or them there was gunfire, I stopped and ran before Rick stopped me halfway "stay with Carl." He said as he held a hand out to me and jogged sideways before turning to a sprint toward the cell block. I turned back and went over to carl staying with Carl because that's what Rick told me to do.

Carl opened the doors as I opened the gates. Two walkers were pressing against Michonne "hold on!" Maggie shouts as she runs down. I grab out my sword as Michonne pushes one away with her foot, a loud gunshot rang through my right ear. I shook my head as a loud ringing sound invaded my ears disorienting me for a few moments, Michonne kicked the walker into the stakes. I stabbed the walkers head and helped Michonne up. We walked inside the gates and closed them. The walkers pressed up against the fences "we have to get inside or in the tower." I said turning to Maggie who went on the other side of Michonne.
[=~~~~~~~~=]

I stared at the walkers, they were about to take down the fence. I helped Maggie kill the walkers. The others put up stakes and killed a few while all I did was kill. 1 walker, 2 walker, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, too many. I brought out both of my swords and stabbed two at a time speeding up the process. They kept piling on "are you seeing this?!" Sasha yelled grabbing our attention until one of the walkers climbed along with a few others. The fence started shaking "shit!" I shout "it's part of the fence!" The freaks of the metal rang out. We walked backwards a bit "it's gonna give! It's gonna give!" They shouted "we have to go!" I shouted as we pushed "back! Everyone back now!" Daryl shouted, they all walked back as I stabbed a few more then the fence dropped a little bit leaning inward more I could see multiple walkers eyes on me for a split second before I felt back onto the rocks. I felt a few walkers grab my ankles, I reached back and tried to grab my sword since if I used my knife I had a high chance of getting bit or scratched. I hear the growls getting louder as they clawed at my shoes I started to panic as one pulled my close just before I could grab my sword just in time my breathing became faster as my heart started to race, fear. For the first time in a long while, I feared walkers. Just before one could bite me I felt Daryl grab me "I got you little deer. Nothings going to happen to you while I'm here." He said as he pulled me away and hugged me tightly, I felt my heart slowly slow as I clutched onto his shirt and realized my body was shaking a bit. I looked back at the fence as the walkers kept clawing and groaning "Daryl get the truck. I know what to do." Rick said looking at the crops. Daryl let go of me after a moment and pulled away "I'll be back" he whispered before he ran for the truck. I was scared, not for me but for everyone else. I didn't want our home to fall down, this is the first time I've felt like I belonged since Glenn and Daryl as a trio or with Cole and Carl. My breathing picked up again before Sasha hugged me attempting to comfort me, but it was different from Daryl's. Daryl was my best friend, the man that was there when I got swarmed back at the Atlanta camp, he was the first one there when I screamed or yelled. He was always ready to protect me with Glenn right behind him, Cole was always the last. everyone can die from these walkers. Me and the others kept killing them, I wasn't gonna give up. We saw Rick far back out in the field. He bent down and picked something up, I couldn't put my finger on it until I heard squeals "no.. not violets piglets.." I said as Sasha grabbed a few wooden pieces. I went back and picked up a few as well, we propped them up against the fence to keep it holding steady, my brothers words rang through my mind 'whatever you lose, you'll gain from. Everything happens for a reason.' I shook my head and hit it with the palm of my hand attempting to hush him 'shut up! This wasn't supposed to happen! None of this was.' I thought as I propped up another wooden piece and propped it up quickly and firmly.
[=~~~~~~~~~=]

Rick started taking apart the pig pen, I sat down in the field and looked at the sky. I didn't want to cry but this time I couldn't help it. My head faced the ground allowing the droplets to fall on my legs "y/n?" Footsteps grew near "if you weren't near the others or the sick people or people who came in contact with the sick people today don't come near me for a while." I said holding my hand up in their direction as a way to stop them "then I guess it's a good thing I was." He interlocked our hands "Carl." I started "I know you were out there helping, dad says he saw you scared but you kept helping even when you thought it was gonna tumble down, even after you nearly got bit- you were shaking and you still didn't run!.. why?" He asked cutting me off "I-.. I couldn't let them get to our home.." I said wiping away a few of the tears "our home? This isn't our home it's a prison." He said confused "no. Not the prison." I looked at Carl "I didn't want them to get to home." I used my free hand and pointed at his chest "me?" He asked, I nodded "home. this group is my home. I'm scared to lose it." I said biting my lip "you aren't gonna lose us just yet y/n." Carl assured as he sat down beside me. My hand fell into the ground "we don't know that, we don't know how much time we really have left." I said turning back to the field of crops "we don't.. but we do know we have time together left, so? Wanna spend it together while we have a chance? Like back at the camp, you'd follow my everywhere except for that one time with the deer but still" we both laughed "I was only a little late, I was a slow fucker." I smiled and laid my head on Carl's shoulder. There was silence for a split second then I just had to ruin it "if I die-" he cut me off "your not dying." He leaned his head on mine gently "but if I do, if, because of this sickness.. who do you think would be the one to shoot me in the head?" I asked half jokingly "that's a hard one.. maybe Tyreese? Or Daryl.. I feel like everyone else would go soft and sad, I couldn't do it. I wouldn't want to see you like that.." he laughed with a sad underline to it "what about me?" He asked "me obviously, a boy like you doesn't deserve to come back as a hideous monster. I want you to rest among the stars with your mom, and maybe me because if you die I'm already dead." Carl shook his head as he smiled. I looked out "do you think there's an afterlife?" Carl asked "what? Like a heaven and hell?" I asked "sort of, I mean like what's your version of the afterlife?" He asked again "I'd say dead relatives watching over us would be a good idea until you have to use the bathroom, you don't know what people fetishized when they were alive." I shivered at the thought "first of all, ew. Secondly I like that idea" he leaned his head on top of mine 'I love you Carl.' I closed my eyes enjoying the physical touch.
[=~~~~~~~~~~~~~=]

Original published Words: 1395
Date; I don't fucking know
Updates words; 1928
Updated date; July 9th 2023 10:58 PM