Season 4 episode 6 (live bait)

(BOYS WITH FLUFFY HAIR>>>>>)
Bruh ofc the government just had to calm back, no bitches having ass. TARA <333 WHYS THE GOVERNOR HAVE TO HAVE A WHOLE EPISODE TO HIMSELF, I WANNA SEE RICK CORAL I WANNA SEE THEM DO THANGS!
]=~~~~~~~~=[

I looked around, Hershel said I was well and able to go help around before he left with Michonne. Maggie walked me outside, Carl saw me and went wide eyed "your all better?" He asked "as best as I could be right now" I smiled nervously "so I can touch you without getting sick?" He asked "when has that ever stopped you?" I asked earning a small laugh from him as he hugged me. I smiled and wrapped my arms around him squeezing lightly.

I walked up to Daryl "hey Daryl?" I called out grabbing his attention "yeah?" He said turning away from his food "the day you guys went to the rooftop to find Merle, you guys were gone a long time, what happened?" I asked sitting down beside him, he smiled and chuckled "well.. Merle wasn't on the roof but his hand was, I put his hand in the backpack.. then we went back to get a bag full of weapons. We got the weapons and Glenn picked up ricks hat then he got kidnapped. Once we found out where they let us in thanks to their abuela. there were old people, kids, teenagers, chihuahua (had to look up how to spell chihuahua for a second). They let us have Glenn then when we got back to the car, it was gone. By the time we got back.. we'll you know the rest" he summed up the story "yeah, the others were heroes but me and you were ass kickers" I smiled as he chuckled again "exactly." He smiled "woah that's a rare sight" I mentally took a picture "what?" His smile disappeared "you smiling" I answered "it is not" he replied "it is, you should smile more. It really suits you" before he could reply I heard Rick shout my name. I turned to look to see he was waving me over.
[=~~~~~~~~~~~~~=]

Every time I was left alone all I could think about was Keith, how scared he was to go to sleep only to not wake up. His fear became reality and my words became a lie, the last thing he heard was a lie. Tears started to form in my eyes as I looked down the the vegetables "y/n?" I started blinking away the tears "uhh.. yeah?" I called back looking forward, quickly wiping my tears "you okay? I heard about Keith." I turned to face them with a smile, Carl stood there nervous "everything's fine Carl, just let go of the past" I ruffled his hair and walked away, as soon as I knew nobody could see my face I let the fake expression drop back. Carl grabbed my forearm, I stopped, he tugged me back to face him again. his eyes locked with mine. with his free hand he reached up and wiped my left cheek, clearly i hadn't done a very good job at wiping my tears. I never really realized how much energy it took to be nice until now, helping everyone and running around just to cheer up others and get them to open up to you. You pick up something new every time and become a master of hiding your needs and feelings, you just kind of bottle them up. Carl pulled me close and hugged me, my throat felt like barbed wire was wrapped around it, my arms slowly found their way around Carl and i planted my head into Carl's shoulder letting my tears flow quietly. i could feel my body relaxing, for the first time in a while i felt a huge burden slip away even for a few moments. then i realized how much carl does for me, i didn't appreciate him enough, i had to keep him safe. Not for Lori, not for Rick, not even for myself, for him. every time i protected him i covered it up as doing it for someone else but everything i do, it's for him. I could feel my hands ball up behind Carl accidentally grabbing the back of his shirt. Carl didn't say a word but i felt wet droplets fall onto my own shoulder, i liked this, sharing a moment of vulnerability, a moment of intimacy, connection. it took a few minutes for us to pull away but when we did i wiped carl's tears as he did mine "well look at you, becoming a Grimes." i teased lightly, carl chuckled "have i been promoted?" i prodded back.
____

I sat down by one of the crops as I spot a weed, I grab onto it and pull it. I put my left hand on the wood and pull harder, by the time I had got it out my hand slipped to the left then a stinging pain filled my palm. I set the weed down and looked at my palm, a thick stream of red poured down the gash. I shrugged 'I'll clean it when I'm done' I thought "y/n, you okay?" Carl asked as he looked over, hearing my gasp, he was pulling weeds with gloves 'maybe i should've worn gloves too' i thought before i responded "yeah, i'm good, no need to worry." i said as I got back to pulling out weeds.

Once I pulled out the last one I wiped my forehead from sweat. I heard a gasp "y/n you said you were fine." I felt carls hand grab my wrist and turn my hand over to reveal my palm i felt my cheeks grow a tad warmer, my stomach felt weird. "don't worry, it's just a small cut. I was already going to clean it when I was done" I said slightly pulling my hand away only for him to grip harder "I'm not letting you die of an infection, Come on, you just got over a sickness are you trying to die?" He asked 'a little' I thought rolling my eyes "your so dramatic" I teased "I'm not dramatic, your just dumb." He pulled me along until we found Maggie. Maggie helped the small cut "what is wrong with you, why didn't you clean this right away?" She asked worriedly "it's a small cut, nothing to worry about!" I responded "y/n, you call a cut spreading from one side of your palm to the other side small?" She said looking up at me 'my dad called them small and called me over dramatic whenever he gave them to me while i cried for him to stop, this is probably one of the smallest.' I thought as I stayed quiet and watched her clean the cut. i took a deep breath, that burning sensation returned to my throat like my own body didn't want me to talk. i looked over to make sure carl was gone before looking back at Maggie "I'm sorry Mo-Maggie." I didn't know why I kept almost calling her mom or why it was hard to apologize 'maybe because the beginning of her name started with an M?' I shook the thoughts away "were you about to call me mom?" She asked looking up "what? No. I called you Maggie, like everyone else" I said, trying to play it off cooley. she smiled "you were!" She beamed catching the attention of some of the others. her eyes looked like they were practically stars "call me mom all you want sweetheart, I've waited for you to call me mom for ages" she hugged me tightly "really?" I asked "yes! Now I have a boy of my own" she closed her eyes as she smiled "you're gonna be my mom?" I asked to clarify "yes- but, only if you want me to" she said trying to calmed down and give me the choice. the corners of my lips tugged a small smile "i'd like that" I murmured and hugged her "then from now on you are y/n m/n Rhee-Greene. I couldn't decide with last time would suit you more so I went with both" she laughed slightly "I love it" I said calmly, in the inside i wanted to set off fireworks and shout to the world how i had a new mom I had almost forgotten about the whole walker situation. I couldn't let go of Maggie, I didn't want to let go. I feared if I had let go she would end up like the last two moms.
[=~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~=]

Sorry I couldn't do much for this episode/chapter and I wanted Maggie and Glenn to adopt y'all later then realized I kinda ran out of ideas for this, I might add a bonding moment next episode/chapter between Maggie with y/n and Carl with y/n.

(^that was about a little over a year ago, sorry i've been gone to long, my own story is confusing me. i just reiterated what past me wrote into something a bit better, despite that it's still shit and i'll try to work on more for y'all. so sorry, love you all may upload a few more today. as an apology.)

original: February 10th, 2023
time: unknown.
updated: March 3rd, 2024
Time (start); 7:02AM (there was ALOT to read)
Time(finish); 8:07AM
Published(PST, Pacific Standard Time); 8:10 AM.