Chapter four

Although we have our differences, we are very similar, you and I.

When you smile, I smile. When you cry, I cry. And when I hide, so do you. We are in sync, perfectly aligned. Like we're made for each other. Soulmates, maybe.

Would it be too much of a cliche to say that fate aligned our paths? And if so, would it be even worse to say that fate tore us apart?

But it wasn't fate, was it? We are like intersecting lines, meeting once and never again. Destined to move through life knowing the sweet, hot touch of another but also knowing that bitter coldness is all that awaits. We can't stop, can't falter. We must move on. I must move on. From you.

But how could I?

How could I forget your eyes, your smile, your cold hands against my burning skin, your soft lips pressing into mine? How could I forget your melodic, bubbly laughs, your quiet gasps deep into the night, my name perfect on your tongue, your name the only one I know?

How could I ever forget you?

❈❈❈

It's been a while since Jungkook's left campus. He looks at himself in the mirror pensively, wondering silently what one usually wears when going to their absolutely stunning kind-of-friends house to paint them. It's hot, so probably a T-shirt. But which one? They overflow Jungkook's closet and it's very overwhelming. Black would absorb a lot of heat so maybe white? But that's so plain and Jungkook wants to look good. He's already wearing his black cargo pants, the ones that are perfectly fitting and baggy at the same time; they hug around his waist and accentuate the harsh jut of his hips whilst also falling over his long legs gracefully and modestly, leaving shape and form to the imagination. But what to wear on top? Perhaps a jacket? But again, the sun does not treat him very kindly this time of year. Jungkook groans in frustration. Who knew this would be so stressful? He feels like a teenaged girl sorting through her closet frantically, convinced she has nothing to wear for her first date. But this is not a date. Jungkook doesn't know whether to be happy or sad about that. He forces himself to stay neutral.

He hears a knock on the front door and then the muffled sounds of Jimin and Taehyung greeting each other. Patience wearing dangerously thin, Jungkook decides to stop overthinking everything and goes with his gut instinct. He'll be painting, so a plain, inexpensive black T-shirt will do fine. He is not going on a date. He takes a deep breath to steel himself before throwing on some black shoes and shoving his faded hair under an also black bucket hat. Something fancy Jungkook does allow himself to wear are his silver earrings with little arrows at the end of them. They're adorable and Jungkook's been in love with them ever since he brought them a couple of months ago.

Backpack full of art supplies adorned, Jungkook inhales harshly as he turns to face the enormous canvas propped up on his desk. "Alright." He mutters under his breath, rubbing his hands together in preparation. "C'mere, big boy." The canvas isn't heavy, not by any means, but holding it proves to be quite the challenge. The rectangular shape is jarring and uncomfortable but Jungkook shoves the canvas under his right arm to hold it in place and uses his left one to keep it stable. He'll manage. He has to walk sideways to get through the door frame.

In the living room, Jimin and Taehyung are waiting for him on the couch. Jimin is still wearing his pajamas, blonde locks a sleep-ridden mess on his head. He's obviously in no state to leave the dorm. He's so enthralled by the movie playing on the TV that he doesn't even bother to acknowledge his roommate's existence. Taehyung however, is wearing something much more appropriate. A simple white shirt under a thin grey cardigan, paired with blue jeans and white trainers. Jungkook almost sighs a breath of relief, so Taehyung dressed casually, as well. His hair is bouncy but neat, framing his face perfectly. "Um, hey there.." The brunette says with a nervous lilt to his tone. "Hi...Ready to head out?" He asks, gesturing to the front door with his head as both his arms are preoccupied. "Yeah... we can walk there since my house isn't far away. Also, I don't even know if that canvas will fit through the bus or train doors.."