Chapter ten

Smash your lips into mine once more.

Please. I beg you.

God, how desperately I miss your kiss.

❈❈❈

The moon in the dark, night sky, looks lonely. It cries its bright, translucent glow and watches as the stars huddle up together, close and connected and the moon feels lonely. But what the moon doesn't realize is that while it may feel lonely it is not alone. For its tears, its bright, translucent glow is supplied by the sun itself, a love so essential and constitutional that it often goes unnoticed. And who is more alone than the sun? Impossible to get close to the burning, roaring ball of light no matter how desperately or passionately it pleads as whoever dares will surely be burnt. And not even the sun's most beloved moon will even acknowledge its existence, its love. The sun, in the bright blue sky, is alone.

Jungkook looks up and admires the crying moon. The back doors to the campus hall were quite difficult to get to considering they had to push and shove their way to it. But now, outside in the empty parking lot, the sky fades from deep purple to navy blue, the air is crisply cold, pinching his cheeks and nose a light pink, and the moon sobs its love-filled tears up above. The loud music can still be heard thumping away as Jungkook and Taehyung sit on a low brick wall, too nervous to talk or even look at each other. The adrenaline from the dance still buzzes faintly at the back of their minds and that is probably what's making them both so shy. The way they had looked at each other, been so close to each other, the way the rest of the world had disappeared, the way, in that moment, they knew each other so fully without having to ever utter a single word. Almost as if their bond, their connection was meant to be. Magnetic in the way they pull to each other. Magnetic in the way they repel when things get too real, too close. That dance was too real, too close. So now they can't talk.

But Jungkook feels some confidence bubble up in his stomach that's most likely from the one too many red solo cups full of questionable liquids shoved his way, so he grips onto it and turns his head to look at Taehyung. Thankfully, the brunette is looking at the sky just as he previously was. And, God, is the man gorgeous.

Jungkook thinks Taehyung's beauty is the kind to be admired at an art museum. He'd be a painting on the wall, perhaps the biggest one there and people would line up to see him. See him look at the sky with those sparkles in his eyes, with that sloped nose, sharp jaw, those pert lips, long eyelashes. Ethereal, and stunning. And the painting would never be able to capture the full beauty of the man in front of him right now, simple paint and brushes do not have the capacity to translate such but Jungkook is certainly going to try. The lines would wrap around the building, going on for miles, people will have to look at the painting from afar, from behind a red ribbon. They would gasp at the subjective paint strokes and soft lighting and beautiful, beautiful man.

They would then feel a pang of jealousy when they think about the artist and their relationship to the subject of the magnificent piece. They will never know how deeply Jungkook admires Taehyung, how often he thinks about him, how much he yearns to stay by his side. And they will know nothing of Taehyung himself, they won't know his name or age or where he grew up or where he lives or his values, morals, opinions, they won't know who he likes, who he yearns to spend time with, who he is falling in love with. Jungkook's heart quickens, perking at the thought of Taehyung being in love... With him. But there's no way, right? They've only known each other for a bit over two weeks. That's way too soon. But, maybe eventually... He thinks hopefully, naively, stupidly.