[ 4 ] W E D D I N G

Ved continued chatting with me, but I sensed it was all in vain

Ved continued chatting with me, but I sensed it was all in vain. I casually observed the surroundings of the house, and then he playfully tapped my shoe. I shot him a glare, but it was evident he remained unaffected. My attention shifted to my shoes, checking if they were dirtied. Suddenly, my mom's voice reached my ears, causing me to look up. That's when my eyes landed on someone extraordinary. I couldn't tear my gaze away, captivated by her smile as she greeted my mother and the melodic quality of her voice.

She adorned a lavender lehenga, her bangles producing a delightful melody as she extended her hand for a greeting. The combination of nude pink lipstick and a rosy blush on her cheeks bestowed an innocent charm upon her.

Once seated beside me, I kept my focus straight ahead. However, I sensed someone stealing glances at me. When I turned to look at her, she averted her eyes but not quickly enough. A mischievous smile graced my lips, acknowledging this unspoken exchange.

After a brief moment, I too looked away, wanting to appreciate my parents' choice.

Third person POV

Her mother approached with a plate containing ring boxes. "Okay, everyone, it's time for the ring exchange," Mrs. Rawat announced, placing the plate on the table. "Yugant," Mrs. Hathwal called his name, directing his attention to the rings. He selected the female's ring from the box, patiently awaiting her outstretched hand.

Ruhi presented her hand, and he gracefully placed the ring on her finger. Then Ruhi took the ring and extended her hand in return. Although she intended to follow the same pattern, her hands trembled. In response, she clasped his hand with her other, sliding the ring onto his finger. Their eyes met, sharing a moment of connection and congratulations echoed, enveloping the joyous atmosphere.

a few minutes later

Ladies proceeded to the kitchen to assist with lunch. Mr. Rawat led Mr. Hathwal to the lawn for a meaningful conversation. Now, Khushi, Ved, Priya, Yugant, and Ruhi remained. Sana and Taniya emerged from the room, appearing a bit shy. Taniya approached Ruhi and Yugant.

"Congratulations, both of you," Taniya conveyed her best wishes. Ruhi responded with a smile, while Yugant maintained a serious expression.

"Please don't disturb my photo; step aside," Ved complained to Taniya. She averted her gaze, giving him a stern expression. Ved smirked, and she rolled her eyes, stepping aside.

"Smile, please... Bhai, can't you smile for a second... Bhabhi (sister-in-law), smile widely, please," Ved requested, holding the camera. They both looked at the camera with a slight curve on their lips, forced to smile.

"Perfect...one more...okay, in this one, look at each other," he appreciated, guiding them for the next pose. "Ved," he called his name, indirectly signaling him not to ask for these poses. "Bhai."

Taking a deep sigh, he looked at Ruhi, who was looking down, and Ved clicked a photo. "Hayeee... bhabhi, you too."

She lifted her gaze towards Yugant, their eyes meeting. Ved had already taken photos, but he didn't disturb them. She quickly looked away and smiled while looking down. Yugant noticed her smile, and a smirk formed on his lips unknowingly. His gaze shifted to her long nails, and a thought crossed his mind - how would it look digging into his back?