On a Balcony in Summer Air

Morgan grinned as they got what they were after, but they couldn't relax yet. Not until they were back in the safety of their room. They held the lightbulb at arm's length, covering their eyes to protect them, and they dropped it. The sound of glass shattering was fairly quiet, and Morgan crouched down, looking over the pieces with an appraising eye.

Very carefully, slender fingers picked out the filament and put it in a box along with several shards of glass of a particular shape and sharpness.

"Hey, are you ok?"

An unexpected voice startled the teen and they flinched, breaking the shard of glass they held. "Fuck." They swore in a hushed tone, looking at their sliced palm before turning a glare at the intruder. Angry green eyes met the golden ones, and before Alex could say anything else, he was grabbed by the smaller teen. Morgan shoved him inside, moving in with him and closing the door to the balcony, peering through the glass.

Alex stared at the other in surprise, not sure what was going on. "What a-"

"Hush!" And angry whisper cut the young hero off, and he swallowed, shifting to try and see what the other was looking at.

Alex didn't understand. Could there be a safer place than this yard? It was full of high tier heroes, and even if all of them failed, he was here. The most powerful hero ever. Nothing could possibly pose a threat.

"Is everythi-" he grunted as a hand clapped over his mouth, silencing him again. The cloying scent of blood from the other's wound filled his nose as he simply stared at the other.

A moment of silence passed before Morgan gave a sigh of relief. The smaller body started to relax as they pulled their hand away, turning another glare to the hero. "What the fuck was that?" They hissed, still speaking in hushed tones as they started to wrap their bloody hand. "Are you trying to get me caught?"

Alex shook his head, holding his hands up as if to plead innocence. "No, of course not." He said, but then paused, eying the teen before him. "Wait... caught? Are you a robber?" He asked, though why a robber would risk everything for some lightbulbs, he didn't know.

Morgan snorted derisively as they tightened the knot on their bandage with the help of their teeth. "Why the fuck would I rob my own room?" they asked, taking a spare rag and tossing it to the hero. "Get that blood off your face, Alex. You look like a wannabe vampire."

Alex took the cloth and licked his lips, tasting the sharp metallic flavor of the blood. "This is your room?" He asked, wiping his face clean, though he took a moment to admire the scarlet stain on the white rag. Something about that color always got to him. Tearing his eyes away from the blood, he paused, realizing what the other had said. "Wait, how did you know my name? have we met?" He asked, looking back at the other.

Morgan snickered at the surprise. "Nope~" they purred, smirking at the other mischievously. "I just make it a point to know who is in my home... Superior."

The name made Alex fluster a bit, the young man unsure how to handle this situation. "H-how do you know my superhero name?" he asked. Normally, he was suave and poised in social interactions, but here, he felt like a child, fumbling over his words.

The smaller teen didn't seem to mind so much, rolling their eyes a bit. "Well, for one, you just outed yourself by confirming it, stupid." They said, turning away from the other to dig in their box of lightbulb parts. They pulled out some of the glass, using electrical tape to bind the shards to pencils in order to form makeshift utility knives. "But to answer your question, I hacked your phone and looked at your location history. Did you know you can turn off the tracking feature on your phone?"