Romeo, Take Me Somewhere We can be Alone

The scene was a familiar one. A dark messy room, moonlight streaming in the window, a teen working away at a locked door. Morgan was frustrated, though, feeling the tension give way again as the lock reset. With a muffled swear, they looked at the time and shook their head. There was no way they would be able to get out in time.

Pulling out their phone, they scrolled until they found a contact only labeled with the cat emoji, and pressed call.

"Hey, are you ready?" Alex's voice made Morgan smile, but they still weren't happy.

"...no, not really..." They said, putting it on speaker with the volume low as they went back to their lockpicking.

"What?" Alex asked, frustration in his voice.

Morgan sighed, feeling the tension in the lock slip again, making them start over. These tools were worthless. "I'm grounded..." They grumbled, as they tried to push their tension wrench a little deeper to get a better hold.

"What? You can't be grounded, we have plans."

The angry voice made Morgan sigh and they leaned back from the lock for a moment. "I know, and I'm sorry, but my father added some new locks, and he took away my last set of picks." They explained, leaning back in to try again. "I've been working at this for twenty minutes but it's a four-hundred-dollar lock and all I have is a paperclip and an old metal hair pin. I can do it, but not fast enough to make it to the movie."

Alex grumbled a bit in irritation. "Just break the door down."

There was a pause as Morgan glanced at the phone, waiting to be told the other was joking. No such confession came though, and they arched a brow. "You know these are reinforced, right? This thing may as well be a bank vault."

"Since when has that been a problem." Alex demanded.

"Since forever."

Alex let out an exasperated sigh, sure the other was joking around, and not finding it funny. "Quit messing with me, just break it down."

Morgan was working on the last pin, when they heard a small snap, and the lock reset. Pulling out their tools, they looked to see the hair pin they had been using for the wrench had snapped. "Fuck..." they muttered, shooting a glare to their phone. "You know that not everyone can just kick down a bolted, steel reinforced door, right?" They said, getting up to search for another makeshift tool.

"Oh yeah..." Alex said, having honestly forgotten. "I'm coming to get you."

Morgan blinked in surprise at the words and looked at the phone. "You're what?" They asked, jumping in surprise as Alex appeared on their balcony.

The hero simply stepped forward through the door as if it were made of tissue paper, and Morgan stared for a moment. "heh... thank you?" They whispered.

Morgan looked up at Alex and a thrill of terror shot through them as they saw a sudden rage fill those golden eyes.

"What the fuck did he do to you?" The hero snarled, stepping forward with a murderous look.

"What?" Morgan asked, stepping back from the powerful man fearfully. They reached up and touched their face before remembering the healing bruises and wounds there. "Oh no, that wasn't my father." They assured, understanding now.

Alex wasn't convinced as he looked the other over. It was clear these injuries were from a beating. "It wasn't?" He growled, the doubt clear in his voice.

Morgan flinched at the other's louder words. "It wasn't." they quietly assured. "And be quiet. Someone will hear us."

Alex just shook his head. "I sound proofed the room. Now stop lying." He demanded. It took so much willpower not to just erase Morgan's father from existence right then and there.