chapter one

the shadow who will remain
behind the star.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A DREAM THAT ONE could not grasp is suffocating. It's like drowning in a deep dark ocean where no one can reach a hand out to you. Slowly and slowly, everything will be black in a second.

That's how you feel.

In this world filled with cruelty and beauty. The top and the bottom, trapped in a abyss. With a never ending cycle that will go on. Will there be a chance for humanity to evolve into something much greater than before?

You questioned yourself the same question everyday. Will there be a change today? Or will it be the same?

Fortunately, or rather unfortunately, that day would have to be today. For someone like you placing a gap and for someone like you forgetting everything from way back before instantly came back in a split second.

"JFU means?" [name]'s mother takes a peek at the letter on your hand. A nostalgic feeling you've felt before as it soars throughout your whole stomach. An opportunity you've never thought you'd end up with- No, it wasn't an opportunity at all. This is simply luck.

This time luck was on your side.

You sigh before tearing the tip of the envelope then taking out the piece of bond-paper out, it was folded into three parts.

"Japan Football Union," you reply before opening the paper and reading its contents. The sound of the television can be heard, though you really couldn't tell what it's all about; unless if the young lady takes a moment and listen to it but she didn't. She was focused on the letter - she wasn't nervous nor anxious. There were no hints of worries on her face as her eyes scanned throughout the whole paper.

"Football, huh?" The elder woman says endearingly. It was like she was talking about the old times. The old times.

Your mother takes a seat beside your stiff figure. She could tell a wide range of emotions raging in your head even with a calm face. She was always been supportive, she had always been. From the moment you did art, volleyball, and literature. She supported her most beloved child to find what she truly wants to do.

If only....

"Hey, [name]." Your mother interrupts the cold silence but to you the silence was much like a sanctuary. Her voice going one ear to another of the young lady. "I will always love you. You know that right?"

And if only...

"Mama can't do much with your situation and how much you love so-"

Another sigh escapes, cutting her mother off, indicating that she doesn't want to hear anything related to the foggy memories she buried in her heart. [name] closed her eyes, not knowing what to do with the gathered information she got from reading the letter.

There was another silence followed by the sound of an person being interviewed in the television. Her voice was in desperation, a desperate call for all people to wake up and realize that all they need will be here.

"Do you have the courage to dream of winning the world cup? All of it is in Blue Lock!"

"JFU are looking for potential manager." [name] explains briefly, opening her eyes once again only to be greeted by the bright light the bulb created. It irritates her to the point that she'd rather go blind.