chapter two

scary, it's a horror film.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

IF YOU COULD describe the facility in one word, it would be 'enormous'. This building is not like any other, nor was the bus ride towards this secluded location. There weren't any buildings other than this so called Blue Lock. It felt like an asylum, locking up young teens and not letting them interact with other people for their growth as a person but interacting with the people inside the building as a growth of a player.

It felt unreal. Surreal even! To think that Japan Football Union would go up to this level, this monstrosity level of just letting players improve their gameplay for them to become the best striker in the whole world.

This isn't normal at all.

Your eyes scanned the building. A feeling that made your stomach being crumpled over and over again. With your tense shoulders and with your straight face. Today is the day where you'll be staying for who knows long it would be.

Hope and swear to god that you'll be able to build them just as you wanted them to be.

There were thirty young teens in total. Majority were girls, though there were a few boys included as well. Sociable ones got to make friends right away. Some look nervous, their sweat drops down to the ground. And a few kept their mouth shut, not bothering to interact with the others; you were one of latter.

Out of these thirty summoned young teens, only one can manage a team in the future therefore once you all can take a step inside of that enormous building. Among the thirty teens, you all will be competing.

The weather didn't even help one bit. It was gloomy, it look like it might even rain. And the chilly breeze made you shiver slightly.

"Good morning, managers!" There was a woman. You can tell from her voice it was the woman who spew such nonsense in the television a few days ago. As much as you hate to admit it, you were in favor of her promising words. And just as what Asa says, this project is going to make you insane one day.

"I am Teieri Anri and I am the one who proposed to this project. As well as to manage you managers to build, strengthen, and strategize the world's best soccer team!" Anri says, her eyes were shinning with anticipation. She must be out of her mind.

"Japan is only a step away from creating a monstrous striker. A striker who can lead to victory. To be the best striker, all they need is their ego. How big and strong it is; it can create a play that it even came from a movie!"

"The core to awaken these players ego is you, my dear managers. So, I expect a lot from all of you. That is all." She finishes off with a smile. You weren't so sure if it was a smile of mockery or of an good luck, either way you shouldn't let her attitude affect you.

The crowd was too tense. No one wasn't so sure if they were able to talk nor make a noise. The girls who were socializing with each other even listened attentively, they kept quiet.

"Oh, and—" Anri added, taking out a empty blue box. "Please hand in your smart phones as well as unnecessary devices during your stay here."

"You have to be kidding me!" One opposed. It seems like they weren't much in favor of the fact that their devices will be taken for god knows how long. "How can I communicate with my boyfriend?!"

"Yeah, she's right!" Another agrees to the opposition and adds an explanation. "I have to know my grandma's condition. How can I know if she's fine when you're going to take our phones until you'll return it back!"

It was like a sound of wave clashing with one another. There were so much oppositions and noises you don't want to hear. It tingles your ears. These loud loaded pieces of craps.

"If that's your biggest concern, I suggest that you should leave this place right away." Anri squints her eyes. She is being serious. "What we'll be needing is someone who can handle these challenges we've prepared even if you have to cut ties with the outside world. We don't need distractions, we need an egoist; a person who can make each players to become an egoist. And that's what Blue Lock lacks."

You weren't sure how many minutes had passed standing out in the cold fluttering air. This secluded area was quite frightening, somehow it reminded you of a horror movie though what you were sure of was your legs is starting to become sore. You even promised your mother that you'll take care of yourself without her guidance. You promised to not break it.

A sigh escapes.

You take a step forward, handling in your phone, the only device you've brought with you during the entire trip. Your eyes captures her brown ones. You tilt your head to the side. "So? Where do I go next?"

It was a maze. There were many rooms, not to mention they look high-tech. You wonder how much budget did this association even got. It seems like this was a glimpse of the future if only people weren't living in such state of despair.

People who were born rich has it easy. They eat, sleep, and has a shelter to cover their heads from any danger. They get to spend money how ever they like and they're all spoiled too. It pisses you off thinking about it. These self-centered selfish cunning bastards but what can a seventeen year old even do? You don't have anything left for you. It's always black, trapped in a box.

And there aren't any stars.

You sigh. Tired of walking in this crazy place. It's making you go insane and thirty minutes had passed. It's making you even pissed! One day, you were so sure of banging your head against this thick wall until it bleeds. You click your tongue, ready to call for assistance.

Breathing in, you raise your voice. "Ex—!"

"You!" It was the voice of the same woman again— Anri Teieri. You turn to look at her figure. She was panting a lot, you wonder if she ran just to catch you up. "[last name]-san," Anri was out of breath while murmuring your name.

"...Yes," you take a step forward, just to check if she was still okay. Of course she wouldn't be. "Teieri-san, would you like my towel? You're sweating that many."

"I ran.. to catch up with you." The adult gasps for air, ignoring your assistance. But did she really had to run? You scanned her figure. Not bad. You envy her.

Anri straightens her back, eye to eye with you. "You missed the monitoring room. Team X's manager is already there waiting. Your team and Team X already started their game just minutes ago."

"Ah." Crap.

ADDITIONAL TIME !

- as much as [name] hate to admit it but she's bad at directions. she got lost in the hospital while looking for her father's room.

- [name] doesn't like any trivial excuses.

- anri teieri was happy to know someone is willing to become blue lock's manager. out of the thirty candidates, only twenty three (including you) willingly took step inside the building. they were short on management.