chapter four

expectations are scary to think about.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

LITTLE STAR DURING the dark night; shine, shine, and show how bright you are. Twinkle, little star; the pathway to the sparkling future will cross your way and when you halt, expect that everyone will be lost in this dark, dark, and empty world.

[name] could not count how many steps she had gotten while walking at the same look of the corridor. There were many doors, definitely, however she wasn't so sure if she is going at the right direction. She can check each room if she wants to, but speaking of the young teen; she is lazy to do so, therefore she wouldn't.

She stopped as she can hear the sound of multiple footsteps coming into her direction. If I'm lucky enough, I can ask for directions from whoever these people are. [name] takes a mental note for herself and stayed still, waiting patiently for the who-knows team will show up.

Time felt like it was tedious enough to make [name] sigh while waiting for their arrival. A day prior was full of nightmares, she thought she would never have after all of those therapy sessions she once had. But it looks like they were gradually coming back, like the monster— her mother would tell stories when she was young, devouring naughty children during the night. However, [name] had grown to believe that none of those things never happens and that it is just a saying for naughty children to behave themselves in the near future.

[name] quickly dispelled herself from the horrifying memories that were gradually coming back in daylight, even though the sun couldn't be found anywhere in this gigantic building. She sighed, looking down at the floor.

"Oh my? What do we have here?" An unfamiliar voice echoed throughout the corridor. [name] raised her head high with the feeling of relief lingering at the back of her mind.

There were eleven men, obviously, walking towards her way. Some of them had a smirk— probably thinking of a way to flirt— and some of them looked weird, however there was this one different teenager who kept a nonchalant and aloof look at his face.

They halted, a good amount of gap placed between them and her.

"Hey, missy." A man stated, as he gradually made his way towards [name] and lowered his head to be on par with her face. Though, she wasn't that short at all, these players are just pole flags that are walking around. "What brings you here?" He then smiled quite weirdly, as it brings an unsteady feeling to the young teen.

The man had a plan, as his arms would sneakily made its way up to [name]'s shoulder— if only a hand wouldn't stop him to do so.

[name] had a slight glare whilst facing the man in-front of her. Her hand managed to take a hold of his sweaty arm. Never does she once like strangers, especially when it's a man, to violate her in any ways that they like. Though, [name], isn't that physically strong, she still got to save herself.

"Please refrain from touching me." [name] stated as she threw the man's arm hard as she could and took a step back to keep a gap between him and her.

A tongue clicked.

"Cut the crap out," this time it was the man who kept a nonchalant and remained a unfazed look on his face who spoke up.

Itoshi Rin thought that stalling in the same place would take too much of their time. He still needs to do his daily training and such, but looking at the young teen's face— it reminds him of someone whom he had watched through a gameplay years ago and he just couldn't point it out. Rin's eyes made its way to hers and he stayed still, "what do you want."