CHAPTER 2

1ST POV

The coach exerted a determined effort as he heaved the furniture with wheels into position before us. With a swift press of a button on the television, the aged device flickered to life. 

Standing to the left of the television, the coach meticulously adjusted his cap, a subtle expression of pride etched on his face, as he rested both hands confidently on his hips.

His discerning gaze swept over the assembled students in the stands, each clad in identical sports uniforms – yellow shorts paired with navy blue T-shirts adorned with a logo in the corner. 

The atmosphere reeked of monotony, evident in the worn-out expressions worn by my fellow classmates who had grown weary of the weekly routine.

As the familiar routine unfolded, a screen icon graced us with his presence, donning a blue mask that obscured half his face, leaving only his piercing eyes visible. Broad shoulders defined by an impeccably tailored American suit, and a circular shield as his signature accessory, identified him unmistakably.

"Hi. I'm Captain America. Whether you're in the classroom or on the battlefield..."

Yuna, seated next to me, leaned in subtly, navigating the cramped rows with ease. "I don't think I've ever asked you if you know him."

My attention remained fixed on the screen.

"Yeah, we met," I responded in a monotonous tone.

Captain America's resonant voice permeated the room, reaching even the farthest rows. "...fitness can be the difference between success or failure."

Caught in a moment of reminiscence, I couldn't help but share a revelation with a slight, proud smile. "I stole his shield once."

Even without glancing at her, I sensed Yuna's surprise manifesting in her expression. "What?!"

"Today, my good friend, your gym teacher..." Captain America extended his arm to the right, prompting the coach to raise his hand in acknowledgment.

Ryujin couldn't contain her laughter, noticing that the professor was on the wrong side of the television. Captain America's dramatic point highlighted nothing but empty space.

"Thousands of times he has played the video, but no one has ever corrected him," I muttered under my breath, shaking my head. Yuna playfully smacked my arm, joining in on the amusement.

"...will conduct the Captain America fitness challenge."

With a military salute from the light-eyed superhero, the professor promptly shut off the antiquated television.

"Thank you, Captain America," he uttered with a weary voice, mirroring the collective boredom that hung in the air.

"Pretty sure he was a war criminal, but I have to show these videos. It's required by the state," the man explained, trudging towards the spread of mats behind the wheeled furniture.

"Let's do it."

-