CHAPTER 3

Y/N's POV

Licking her lips, she glanced away briefly before meeting my gaze again. 

"Please?" she implored, a shy smile gracing her lips.

At this, a smirk then played at the corners of my mouth.

I opened my mouth ready to give her an answer, but my voice was cut off by sound.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she said, her smile sheepish as she reached into her back pocket with her free hand.

'What kind of ringtone is that?' I thought to myself, lips still parted in surprise.

Dahyun turned away from me, whispering into her phone's microphone. "Yeah, I'm here. Why?"

"What do you mean?" I could hear the confusion in her voice.

The hum of words from the person on the call was audible, but my senses were not sharp enough to identify what they were saying to her.

"And you just decided to tell me right now?!" Dahyun's voice rose with exasperation before she glanced briefly at me, her expression softening as she offered a reassuring smile and a dismissive shake of her hand.

I nodded, still puzzled, as she turned her attention back to her call, sighing before placing her hand on her waist. "What do I do now, then?"

I pressed my lips together, feeling increasingly bored as I tried to decipher their conversation. The dim moonlight barely illuminated the room, casting shadows over the familiar surroundings.

The only thing out of place was the sofa, a detail I had already noted. Everything else seemed in order – clothes strewn on chairs, decorations upright, dirty dishes waiting in the sink.

My apartment was an open space, with the living room, dining area, and kitchen merging seamlessly, while my room remained the only separate space.

'I hope she hasn't taken anything from my room,' I thought with a sigh, recalling how I often left valuable items on my desk.

Dahyun's voice broke through my thoughts, drawing my attention back to her.

"Im not goin--" she started before closing her mouth abruptly, a sigh escaping her lips as she massaged her temple.

"Okay, okay, fine"

With a quick motion, she ended the call and turned to face me.

"Well, you might find this funny," Dahyun licked her lips, she seemed a little nervous, even uncomfortable.

"So, uh... do you remember the offer I just made you?" she asked, tilting her head slightly.

My eyes narrowed as I tried to process her words. 

"Yeah..." I replied cautiously.