CHAPTER 4

Y/N's POV

I dashed towards the car, my heart pounding in my chest, and made a beeline for the driver's door, feeling the urgency to escape.

Desperately, I yanked at the doorknob, my fingers trembling with haste, not wanting to linger in that place any longer.

Happy, that persistent old man, chased after me, wrapping his arms around me in a futile attempt to pull me away from the car. But I resisted fiercely, struggling against his grip with all my might. Our tussle escalated, and before I knew it, we were grappling on the ground, with me on top, frantically trying to fend him off.

"I'M NOT GOING IN THERE!" I screamed, my voice filled with defiance, each word punctuated by the smacks I aimed at him.

"YOU HAVE NO CHOICE, ACCEPT YOUR DESTINY!" he retorted reluctantly, trying to evade my blows, his face contorted in frustration.

Suddenly, a loud clearing of the throat interrupted our altercation. We both halted, turning our attention to the source of the sound.

To our surprise, two familiar, beautiful girls stood before us, regarding us with raised eyebrows.

"Are you done now?" The girl with a mole inquired, her tone tinged with amusement.

Quickly, we scrambled to our feet, brushing ourselves off in embarrassment.

Happy cleared his throat, addressing the girls with a respectful bow. "Chaeyoung, Jihyo," he acknowledged.

"Happy," the big-eyed girl responded with a sweet smile, returning the gesture along with her companion.

"Please, follow us," the girl with the pretty voice invited, leading the way towards the entrance.

With Jihyo in the lead, followed by Happy and Chaeyoung engaged in lively banter, we made our way forward.

As they gestured for us to follow, I couldn't help but wonder, 'How the hell did they arrive before us if we both left at the same time?' Furrowing my brows, I silently pondered as we trailed behind them.

"So, you hit kids now?" Chaeyoung teased playfully, her smirk lighting up her face.

"I didn't hit her, I just defended myself trying to prevent her from escaping because you guys scared her," Happy protested, rolling his eyes.

"And how did we do that?" Chaeyoung raised a skeptical brow, her playful demeanor evident

"You girls scared her with your craziness," Happy retorted, a hint of exasperation in his tone.

Chaeyoung chuckled, shaking her head in amusement, and quickened her pace.

Meanwhile, I trailed behind, feeling dejected and defeated, dragging my feet as we walked, unable to believe that I had been overpowered by an older man.

As we reached the entrance, Jihyo graciously held the door open, gesturing for us to enter. 

"Children first," she said with a gentle smile, making deliberate eye contact with the shorter girl.