AP Biology and bumping into random people

A/N:

Hey everyone.

New book. New start. This is officially the first chapter of Daydreamin'. I hope you guys support me through this journey.

Enjoy reading!

PS: Lemme know what you think once you're done reading!

xoxo

karen

----------------

I stare out of the window. I'm sitting in AP Biology. The sky is cloudy. But then, its mostly cloudy or rainy here in Oakheart, Alabama. So I suppose its nothing new. Nevertheless, I keep staring outside.

I get a nagging feeling. I don't know why. Something is pulling at the strings in my heart. I think something is going to go wrong. I don't know. I feel uneasy sitting here, in this damped closed atmosphere locked up in this room. I want to go outside and enjoy the weather. But I can't. Because the thought of reality enters my subconscious, my inner self giving me a disapproving stare burning a hole through my soul.

I'm not supposed to get distracted this year. Senior year is supposed to be so special. It is supposed to be important. And I really do hope it goes well.

"Ms. Hale, I hope you are paying attention to the class. The climate of Oakheart remains the same most of all the three hundred and sixty five days  of the year but I cant guarantee you the same with your marks if you fail to pay attention to my class."

"Sorry, Ms. Grey." 

I look back at my notes.

I sense someone looking at me. I immediately spun, looking around. I don't see anyone. The jocks at the back are sending yellow sticky notes to each other, possibly planning for some party. The ones sitting along the first row are taking notes sincerely, and the ones in the middle idly stare around, clearly bored with the class. But no one is looking at me.

It is a normal day. But then it always is, isn't it?

It always is a normal day until something unfortunate happens, then everything goes bad and then you  begin to regret getting up from your cozy bed in the morning.

"Hey, Ken!", a hushed voice whispers.

Now, that voice belongs to Ellis McCall. He is my competition is the class. We always run first and second in almost every test.

"Mr. Spade, Detention after school hours. Meet me here before you go for your detention.", Ms. Grey calls out.

Nathaniel Spade, is the quarterback of the school's varsity football team. He is hot. Really hot. Girls swarm around him and flirt with him all day, trying to get his attention, but he is a player. He doesn't date anyone. I have not seen him committed to anyone yet. I guess he is just another spineless guy afraid of commitment.

Oh, and Nate is Jackson's best friend. And Jackson is my boyfriend. And that thought brings a smile to my face.

With Ms. Grey's laser eyes not focused on me again, I turn my eyes back to the window and I reevaluate my life.

I have an three essays to turn in before Monday, a debate speech to prepare for tomorrow, a model united nation session to attend, the yearbook to edit as we're nearing the end of the year, 3 AP classes, and a leadership training, and the president duties.

Now, don't get me wrong for a nerd. I'm not a nerd.

A piece of crushed paper hits my head.

I turn back and face Ellis pointing towards the the paper. I pick it up and straighten it as I try to decipher the handwriting.