7

It certainly wasn't how she wanted to spend her 18th birthday to say the least. Hooked up to different machines in the hospital, rib cage throbbing in pain as her father sat one side of the bed, brother on the other side and boyfriend being used as a pillow she slept.

"How is she?" Elise asks entering the room with tears streaming down her face "Bruised rib cage, sprained ankle. Doctor says she needs to rest" Adam says pulling a chair over for her "Has she woken up?", "Yeah. She's just resting her eyes" he says wrapping his arm around her and kissing her head

How did we end up here you may ask? It was a normal race, Lily was having a great race, sitting in the top ten. That was until it came to turn 12. She collided with KMag and the impact was so hard her car flipped more times than count into the barrier. The car was unfixable and Lily wasn't responding

"Lily, are you okay?"

Silence.

"Lily we really need you to respond"

Red flag was shown instantly. Parts of the car miles along the track, Arthur being held back as he left his car to get to his girlfriend "No, no. Let me go" he tries to wriggle out the arms holding him back "Arthur. Come on, come on" Lando cries holding him "I want to be with her just as much as you right now but we need to stay back. She will be in safe hands"

"Lando I can't. I can't" he finally stops wiggling turning around to the McLaren driver "Come here mate" he says opening up his arms. They stay wrapped in each other's arms for a couple of minutes, not moving. Staying quiet. They get told to get back inside their cars and it's the only sound they hear. The atmosphere around them changed drastically, not one sound was made.

As soon as they returned to the garages they were quick to take off their helmets and run towards the medical tent, seeing Lily getting loaded into the ambulance with Adam waiting to step in.

"Only one person is allowed to go with her"

Lando and Arthur look at each other and Lando nods towards the ambulance "I'll drive behind with my Dad. Stay with her please, Arthur don't let her go"

"What if"

"She will be safe...And if. If anything does happen. Just. Just tell her how much I love her okay, please just let her hear that I love her"

Arthur nods stepping into the ambulance "Thank you"

Entering the hospital Arthur didn't want to leave her side, but he let the doctors take her keeping Lando's words in mind. She's in safe hands.

Only five minutes later Lando entered with Adam "Have they said anything yet? Has she woke up?"

"Haven't heard anything back yet"

"Are you okay Arthur?" Adam asks, placing a hand on his shoulder "Scared. What about you two? She's your daughter and she's not just your sister, she's your best friend. She's your family" he says looking at Adam before Lando "She is and I'm scared too but all we can do is hope for the best. But Arthur, once you start dating someone in this family and you love someone in our family as much as you do, you become a part of our family. You are her family, you're our so don't doubt yourself that you mean any less to her than we do"

"Thank you Lando, it's means a lot"

"It's true what he says, despite only being told a few days ago about you and Lily's relationship, Cisca and I could already tell that you were in love with each other. She's never been in a relationship before, you're showing her what a relationship should look like. We can't thank you enough"

"Liliana Norris' family?" The doctor says coming out of the room. Everyone stands up. "Lily is awake at the moment, with assessing her we can see she had bruised ribs and a serious concussion. You can go in and see her now if you would like?"