8

Wednesday, 26th October 2022 , Mexico City, Mexico

It had been five days since the accident and despite telling everyone she was coping with it well, Lily was struggling. It wasn't just the pain and the recovery she was finding it hard with it was the nightmares after that she found hardest.

She had arrived with Lando, Arthur and a few other drivers yesterday, the first thing Lily and Arthur did when arriving at the hotel was have a nap. Travelling wasn't either of their strongest suits despite it being a huge role in their job.

"Do you need anything before you have a nap?" Lando asks dragging her suitcase into her and Arthur's room "No i should be okay" she groans dropping her crutches and sitting on the bed "You okay?" Charles watches, leaning against the doorframe "Yeah. I'm okay. I'm stressing out about this weekend, the only clothes i have are cropped shirts and people with see the bruising then"

"Well you don't need to worry about anything, you have a boyfriend and brother who love you both very much and will let you borrow any shirts. I have a few pain coloured ones you could wear" Arthur says passing her water

"Not meaning to be intrusive, but Carmen has a few spare outfits she would be happy to loan you. If you do need anything just give her a message, she's been dying to hear from you" George pokes his head through the door "Will do George, thank you!"

"See, petite soeur. You're going to be fine. We're all going to do our best in helping you through this" Charles says making his way over to Lando "It's true, we've got your back. And it's not just us three, it's everyone around you"

"I genuinely will make everything up to you all one day, i can't thank you all enough for the help you've gave these past few days"

"Not that you need to thank us, but you're welcome. We love you, that's what we're here for" Lando smiles "We will let you two sleep, Arthur looks like he's going to pass out in a minute" Charles jokes

Lando walks over, giving her a light hug and a kiss on her head, Charles does the same only kissing her cheek "And remember, no physical activities including sexual intercourse" Charles teases causing Lando to smack the back of his head

"All right both of you out, I need sleep and Lily needs peace"

Both men leave the room and Arthur turns to his girlfriend "Do you want to get changed?" Lily shakes her head, standing up leaning against Arthur "I just want a hug"

"Est-ce que ça va"

"I'm alright, i just wish i could race this weekend" she sighs "But, i need to recover so it's just how things are" Arthur smiles "I'm proud that you can see it from our perspective now"

"You three are just full of smart words"

"Indeed we are, have you seen the articles about us?" he smiles sitting down, bringing Lily down with him "I have, i think we should just keep acting like a couple and officially announce it when we're ready"

"Very much agreed, are you ready for bed?"

Arthur and Lily get comfortable in bed before closing their eyes for the night.

It was around an hour into their sleep when Arthur felt Lily begin to stir next to him, at first he thinks nothing until he hears her breath start to quicken and small words get mumbled.

"Baby, are you okay?" Arthur asks sitting up "Lily, come on wake up" he begins to stroke her hair "It's okay, come on, come on" he begins to panic when Lily doesn't open her eyes at first, eventually, when she does she clings onto Arthur

"It's okay, I got you, I got you" he says holding "I'm here, I'm not going anywhere. I've got you" he says pressing his lips to her head "I'm scared, Arthur I'm scared" she cries trying to calm her breathing "I'm going to call Lando okay, me and Lando-"