11

"Why exactly are you coming Oliver" Elise asks, watching as Ollie puts her bag in the overhead cabin "So I can carry your back around, god Ellie what did you pack in this" he groans pushing the bag pack a little further "Don't give me sarcasm Bearman" Ellie points her finger at him

"This is going to be a long few days" Arthur whispers putting Lily's bag up for her "Something to say Leclerc" Elise asks, turning to him "I'm just observing" he says putting his hands up in defence "What's got your knickers in a twist" Lily asks, sitting in her seat "Our brother that's what"

"What's Lando done now?" Ollie asks sitting in the seat behind Lily "He woke me up early this morning by pouring a cup of water on me, who does he think he is?" she complains taking her seat next to Ollie "Lando Norris" Arthur smiles

"Don't you start"

"Speak of the devil" Lily says, watching Lando board the plane with Adam "Where were you?"

"Your brother likes to think he's correct when he says the flight is at 10pm rather than looking at the email that says 10am" Adam sighs "Lando at his best i see" Elise scoffs, glaring at him "Awh is someone still pissed off i drenched them in water?" he teases

"This flight is ten and a half hours long, please for the love of god don't start arguing"

"You tell them babe!" Arthur says punching his hand in the air

-

Hour 3 / 10.5

"Babé" Arthur smiles, turning his head to face Lily "Stop playing with the seat window. Have you never flown in first class before?" he asks, kissing her hand "No! It's so cool. You can put the window up if the person beside you is bother- Hey" she complains rolling the window back down.

"I'm joking amour, is everyone else asleep?" he asks, turning around "Well Lando and my dad are. Looks like Ollie is dozing off, and there's Elise stealing his snacks "What are you two looking at?" she scoffs looking up at the two

"Still not out of your mood Ellie?"

"No, but Ollie's snacks are amazing" she smiles, opening a bag of gummy bears "I can hear you, you know?" Ollie groans, turning in his seat "Are you going to stop me?"

"If you will buy me a hot chocolate once we're off this flight"

"Done deal"

Hour 5.5/ 10.5

"Explain the plan to me again" Arthur asks, running his fingers up and down Lily's legs "By the time we land it will be around 11:30 pm. By the time we get to the house it will be around 1:30. We can sleep in as long as we want and spend the day with Mila. On Thursday I go into the facility and my parents want us all to go out for dinner. Friday is our last day, spend it how we want. Fly back home, Charles will get us from the airport on Saturday and Sunday. We sleep all day and don't leave my bed. Monday we go check out that new apartment of yours"

"Well thank you for that very detailed summary mon amour, i love it. But don't call it my apartment just yet. I don't know if i will even like it yet or if I will even get it" he sighs resting his head on her shoulder "Well if you love it and you get it you can count on me to help all your furniture"

"You may as well pick it all out, you and Charlotte helped when Charles and I got our apartment. And we still hated each other back then"

"You never hated me, let's be honest"

"If we're being honest" he laughs looking up at her "Je t'aime tellement" he smiles pressing his lips to hers "I love you more"

Hours 6-10.5 were spent with Athur and Lily changing positions trying to get comfortable. But for two people whose love language is physical touch and being on a plane it was quite hard. Eventually they found themselves holding hands, comfortable in their seats safe for when the plane landed.

They stayed asleep until Lando woke them up once the plane was empty "Come on love birds, just a couple more hours , and I can't believe I'm going to say this by the way, but just a couple more hours until you two can be sleeping comfortably in a bed"

"Lando has matured about your relationship? I didn't think this day would come" Adam smiles, passing Arthur his bag "Dad did you seriously sit ten and a half hours on a plane in jeans and a button up shirt?"

"And with your brother snoring next to me, I'm a man with many powers"

"Yeah the wrinkled shirt goes to show for it" Ollie snickers "Grab your bag, these poor flight attendants have gone through a 10 hour flight non stop. They don't need us holding them back anymore" Adam nods

"Yeah Ellie owes me a hot chocolate"

-

"I have one more physico and I should be back to normal. From what my physico here has said after looking at x-rays and my progression i should be alright to race in Abu Dhabi"

"Our last race together" Lando sighs resting his head on her shoulder "Don't say that please?"

"All you have to do is make it count" Arthur shrugs "You guys do realise I haven't signed the contracts yet? Who knows Toto could decide against it in the last minute"

"And do you really think he's going to do that?" Elise asks "No" Lily murmurs

"Then stop putting so much pressure on yourself and looking at negatives that stand a low chance of happening. If you always look at the negative side of things then nothing positive will come from it. My opinion here means nothing, so ask yourself this. Do you think you have made the correct decision to sign with Mercedes?"

"Yes, I do"

"Then think of the positive outcomes you have in the future, I mean no offence Lando and Arthur but Mercedes produce amazing cars, you're capable of so much more in a car that's better for you"

"When did you become all inspirational Elise? You wanted to kill me earlier" Ollie asks with a smile "Since I became a manager"