4 • Definitely not alright

a scream beneath the endless lonesome.

a boy.
a boy who was lonesome since he can remember.

he doesn't matter.

of course he doesn't.

who would want to know anything about him?

it's his fault... but is it?

Wake up, Bomb.

.

warning:
this chapter contains...
alcohol/drinking
violence and peer pressure
blood
cursing/offensive language

.

You groan, sitting up in bed. What were you doing last night? You cannot remember.

You flinch when you hear someone rushing past your door. You've taken to recognizing footsteps, and this sounds like Paper. His footsteps are short and fast paced yet soft when he's walking, but still they maintain this nature when he's running, yet those short steps turn to long strides.

You rub your head, a headache coming on. You now remember what happened last night. You've never been much of a party animal, but last night.. woo! That sure was a party to spice things up! Of course, you barely remember it, but memories are flooding back now.

It wasn't a big party, and neither Paper nor OJ realized what was going on. What you mean is, they didn't notice that the party even existed. It was just you, Cheesy, Trophy, and The Cherries. It's an odd combo, but it did wonders for Cheesy's aspiring comedian career.

You think last night over.

Cheesy invited you to his room, and when you tried to deny, Trophy made a few judgmental comments about your stuttering. He also said they'd have alcohol there and said you're "too weak to drink." And you felt horrid at that, so of course you decided then and there to come with. He was making you feel competitive.. and.. In fact, this same strategy was used on The Cherries.

The four, or five, of you ended up in Chessy's room for a comedic skit. Trophy, as promised, brought drinks. The chants of "chug! chug! chug!" still ring in your ears. The Cherries sure did love a good laugh, especially at a drunken object, which quickly became you last night.

Now your head hurts because of the events last night, and on top of all that, Paper's footsteps were odd. Perhaps he is upset or distraught about something. You hear a thud in the room next door.

Maybe it's about OJ, who had been acting rather odd. You aren't close to him anymore, even if you want to be, but he's been acting odd.. like he is high or something.

You flinch again when you hear shouting on the room to your left. Paper and OJ use that room, but recently OJ has been sleeping in his office... or... non-sleeping in his office.

You, once recently, woke in the night to get water and found that OJ was standing, staring blankly at the security cameras he placed in his office. Others have chatted at breakfast about seeing similar things with OJ on separate nights. Maybe he's an insomniac.

But back on track, the screams sound more like Paper than OJ, and the fact that the screams sound pained makes you worry more. The footsteps earlier sounded rushed, then that thud, and now the pained screams... Perhaps Paper got hurt and ran to his room?