7 • the wEak and the strong

a hushed whisper of creativity and kindness burrowed beneath the heaps of false roughness and faked apathy.

a boy.
a boy who submerged himself into his tough persona to escape embarrassment. months of it all. weeks of it all. days of it all.
one year.
a year of faking a personality and bullying others to hide his insecurities.
then another.
and another.

a boy.
a boy he tried to make friends with, only to have him threaten his reputation and persona, leading him to take necessary action that sent him into a downward spiral.

another boy.
a boy who he tried so hard to avoid, but could never afford to look away from the gaze he gave, that made his heart flutter, like the butterflies he captures photographs of, or the lighthearted jokes the boy makes. and yet, he likes someone else, someone entirely different, who is determined to put him into a state of misery, knowing his secret passion, and using it to their advantage. so the boy leaves. they all leave.

and yet another boy.
a boy who he avoids quite well, but despite the torment he pushes down upon him, he always returns with his nose as runny as his determination is showing, which in turn makes him grin, and in turn starts a secret bond, not even shared between those in it. and as everyone else does, he turns away, just as he begin to confess, just as he tells of his true self, and he makes a fool of himself. foolish. always so foolish.

now he has nobody.
he pushed away everyone who came near
everyone.
everyone.

but others would love to see the inner him he hides so well.
but he just won't accept his true self, not ever. not ever. not ever.

Wake up, Trophy.

.

warning:
this chapter contains...
offensive/mean people
blood
character death
characters having intrusive thoughts
cursing
characters having mental illness
you have been warned...

.

You flinch awake when Bomb taps you. "I was NOT falling asleep!" You snap, folding your arms, "I'm not tired."

"T- T- T- Trophy... P- P- P- Please let me k- know what's up with O- OJ... I told you a- all I- I- I- all I know... S- So..." Bomb stutters. You roll your eyes, he can't really even talk.

You sigh, "Yeah... This is getting nowhere..." You rub your eyes, tired as heck but not wanting to admit it. That's like, admitting you're a crybaby or whatever! It's showing your weak and vulnerable points so people can break you. Now, why are you so f###ing tired? You were up ALL night because of Tissues's annoying condishawn. It's sooooo annoying. You pick up your glass, taking a small sip. Bomb does as well. You take another sip, while staring down Bomb. Bomb shakily takes another sip. You roll your eyes again, is he really that competitive?! HA! Hilarious. He just doesn't wanna be seen as weak.

It's so hilarious! Almost as hilarious as OJ's new behavior! You begin to chuckle a little, but then, the lights begin to flicker... And eventually, it's all dark. You hear others yelling to each other, screaming, OJ said something too but you honestly and obviously don't care. You only care about how loud it is. "QUIET!" You yell, hearing all noise quiet soon after. You roll your eyes again again, and you cover your head, tired as heck. You try to find a source of light of some kind, but you fail miserably.

You tap your fingers on the desk, waiting for the darkness to clear up and for the power to return. You feel a tap on your shoulder and you turn to see someone you can't recognize. They have a flashlight and they point it at Bomb and you, concealing themselves in the darkness that engulfs the hotel. Bomb inches back in his chair and you try to stop yourself from laughing at his foolish cowardliness. The object concealing themselves in the darkness speaks, "Get me a sharp thing. NOW." Their voice... it's high-pitched yet low and scratchy... you don't know anyone in particular who sounds like that, but this person seems to have authority over you, which is weird since you are used to bossing everyone around, and then this idiotic shadowy dude comes out of nowhere and bosses you around like you are lesser than it but really it is lesser than you- What gives?!