Chapter 1

Olivia's POV

"Dad called. He's in New York." Evie stated as we ate breakfast.

"That's good. Are you planning on seeing him before he leaves?" I mumbled with a mouth full of french toast.

"I was thinking we can..." She grinned wiggly her eyebrows.

"Nope. Absolutely not." I quickly tried to dodge the conversation.

"Mommm..why not? You haven't seen him in what? ..a year? Do know you have a adolescent with him." She stated pointing at herself.

"And you my dear are 17. Old enough to communicate and contact him on your own." I smiled grabbing my plate and walking towards the sink.

"You guys dated for what? 6 years why not?" She asked crossing her arms.

God she doesn't understand. Mainly because she honestly doesn't know what happened. Now Elliot and I could never see eye to eye no matter what. I honestly forgave him, I mean we were young and couldn't handle everything that was being thrown at us. But I made a promise to myself to stay away and since Evie is older it's been easier to avoid him. He stopped trying to reach me once Evie started calling him on her own. I truly didn't want to avoid and ignore him but things was easier this way. Everything was different when we were teenagers..together we was happy. We didn't get mad at everything each one said..we didn't let others come between us but people change, life change.

"Mom? Hello." Evie said waving her hand out trying to get my attention.

"Evie please. Go see your dad , spend time with him." I sighed deeply staring at my miniature self.

"Right." She nodded and quietly went to her room.

I grabbed her plate and started on the dishes. I know what Evie intentions are. Evie know I hate when her father and I relationship is brought up. It's always the same, her dad and I together. Again. I understand her want of a two parent house hold. She has 2 parents who love her unconditionally equally but separately, I don't want to go down that road again...perhaps not want to but afraid to? There was so much that was unsaid I don't know where to begin. I'll always love Elliot. He gave me the most beautiful, smart and talented daughter. She is a perfect combination of us both. Bottled up feelings and head hotter than lava. She was better than us though when we was younger, she's a straight A student, volunteers at animal shelters...all though does the normal rebel teenager things I couldn't ask for a better daughter.
~~
Elliot's POV

I sat patiently in a small diner, sipping on coffee waiting for Evie. I haven't seen my daughter in over 4 months. 6 years ago her mom decided to end things between us. I don't blame her , not after everything that happened. A few months later I applied as a detective in DC , I do however regret ever leaving . I was young and angry but I've realized my daughter is growing, she's becoming an adult and I'm missing everything. Well not anymore...today I have some news for her. I looked down at my phone making sure I got the time right in my messages from Evie. As I was scrolling up I heard a squeal. I looked up and saw Evie, sporting her favorite black leather jacket in all black as always, with her long brown curls bouncing all over the place. Her big blue eyes bright as ever , I couldn't help but chuckle at the sight.

"Daddy!!" Evie yelled as she raced towards me.

"Oh, honey I missed you so much!" I said pulling her into a hug.

"I'm sorry I'm late. I didn't know my car was almost out of gas I had to ask mom to drive me last minute." She explained.

"Your mom's here?" I asked pulling back from her looking at her.

"Not anymore.." She said looking disappointed for me.

I nodded smiling sadly and put my hands over her shoulders guiding her to the table. We quickly looked over the menu and ordered.