Chapter 2

Olivia's POV

I silently sat at the island table. Grading homework, I was a middle school teacher. My dream was a cop, a detective even but I got pregnant young and was conflicted on what I wanted for my child. I ended up giving my dream up , looking for a different path. I never thought I'll be a teacher when I was younger , but waking up everyday being wanted by so many students became the greatest feeling in the world. I laughed as I read some of the papers, some of the kids write "Hi Ms.Benson" on the bottom their homework, I always reply back. As I finished the last one, I heard the door open.

"Hey honey, how was lunch?" I asked focused the paper.

"Hi. It was good.." Evie said nervously.

"What's wrong?" I immediately ask turning around.

Evie turned back at the door and silently cursed, apologized held up her finger and walked back towards the door. That's when I stood curiously and walked to her slowly, begging to myself that nobody is behind that door.

"Evie.."

"Please hear me out." She begged holding the door open slightly, using her body to cover the space.

"I'm listening." I crossing my arms.

She didn't say anything , instead she opened the door fully and I instantly made eye contact with him. Elliot, those eyes. Even without words, I can see how happy and nervous he is. I quickly looked away and stared at Evie.

"Evie what did I tell you." I glared at her completely ignoring Elliot.

"Mom , he's staying here."

I quickly looked up at Elliot raising my eyebrow questionably. Here? Stay where?

"Not here! She meant New York." Elliot interjected nudging our daughter.

"Oh..oh yeah my bad. Didn't mean it like that." She said chuckling nervously.

I stared at the both of them. Trying to process everything being thrown at me. Seeing Elliot after over a year , them telling me he's staying in New York. Truly I couldn't be more happier for Evie, I know how much she loves him , this means everything to her. I looked at an impatient Evie who grabbed Elliot by the arm and pulled him from the hallway shutting the door.

"Now that Dad's gonna be close, I would like us to do things , dinners , game night. Anything with the 3 of us." Evie said walking over to the couch looking up at the both of us.

"Evie..please." I said sighing walking away from the both of them.

I walked into the kitchen my back facing the both of them. I know how bad Evie wants this, but she doesn't know any better, we never honestly explained why things ended. But this isn't just about us, we have a daughter in the middle of all this. I love her too death I'll do anything for her.

"Liv." He whispered approaching me slowly taking me out my thought.

"Elliot, I can't do this right now." I said shaking my head.

He slowly pulled me around. I jumped at his touch, not because I was afraid of him but his touch was like electricity. It sent shock waves through my entire body. I exhaled deeply , his hands on my waist softly. I slowly looked up taking time looking at his chest , reaching his chin until I finally looked into his eyes.

"She cried Olivia. Hard, about this. I know how much you hate the idea but Eve's hurting. I didn't see it, you didn't see but she's trying to reaching out of us. I'm not going to ignore her." He said softly.

"What's ? What do you mean she was crying?" I asked pulling away from him looking over looking for Evie on the couch.

"She went in her room. She wants us to talk." He said.