Chapter 4

Olivia's POV

Humming slightly to the music playing around the apartment while I stir the pasta. Tonight I decided to make Elliot and Evie's favorite , chicken alfredo. I honestly didn't know how to make it prior to meeting Elliot. After learning it was his favorite and after many failed attempts I finally made it perfect. I was currently waiting for Evie to get out the shower. She decided to go back to Maya's today, making her promise me to be home by dinner.

"Evie! Are you almost done?" I yelled out in the apartment.

"Getting dress mother."

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed the pot of pasta , the door bell rang..of course he'll be here early.

"I'm draining the pasta can you open the door for you father?!"

Without responding she came from her room, her wet hair pulled into a ponytail. She was in pajamas at 6pm typical , I chuckled as she walked past. Turning my attention back to the food, I poured the pasta into the freshly made sauce.

"What are you doing here ?" I heard Evie asked

Confused I turned around and saw Casey in the door way. Oh great, just what I needed tonight. I heard Casey mumble she forgot something and ask to come in. I saw Evie guarding the door , not moving to the side, slowly she slid across from the door way and shut door once Casey came through. Walking straight towards the kitchen.

"Um my ID card..I had it clipped to my dress." She whispered to me.

I looked over towards the living room then towards my room. Her badge was clipped to her dress? When ? Sighing I turned off the stove , walking towards my room.

"I'll check in there, look in the living room." I said walking away before she could protest.

Standing in the middle of my room, I slowly looked down at the floor , her badge ? Where could it had fell? I crouch down on all 4's looking under the bed..nothing. Throwing the blanket back down, I crawl my way over to my dresser reaching my hand out under it. Feeling around I felt something..after pulling out her badge I stood back on my feet . Dusting my black leggings and hands off, I walked into my conjoined bathroom and slipped the badge under some water. Wiping it down and walking back into the living room.

"Hey! I found-"

Elliot. I didn't even hear the door open again. Casey was sitting on the couch feeling slightly uncomfortable. Evie was smirking in the corner.

"Hey! Dinner is almost done. Casey..just um forgot something the other day." I said walking over hanging Casey her badge ID.

Catching a laugh out of Evie. Realizing Evie was going to make this difficult Casey quickly stood up and went to leave.

"See you guys later." She spoke quietly before she left.

"That was Casey Novak right?" Elliot finally spoke.

"The one and only." Evie grinned walking towards the couch.

"Ah ah, the table ." I said to Evie rolling my eyes at the statement.

Rolling her eyes back she walked towards the table to set it up. I motioned Elliot to come in the kitchen, turning back on the stove I continued cooking.

"So I didn't know you and Casey were still friends." Elliot spoke leaning on the counter beside me.

"Um yeah we are." I blushed stirring the food.

"You know in high school people said that you too uhhh." He chuckled

"What?" I stopped stunned.

"Relax, only a few people spoke about it. Plus it was just a another rumor." He bumped me from the stove and took over stirring.