Chapter 8:Farewell

It took awhile to prepare for Korra's funeral since everyone would get emotional about it,but what else could they do,they had to say goodbye if they liked it or not.Everything was cold like the earth was mourning,there wasn't a ray of sunlight to be spotted,the wind hit the leaves mercilessly.Even birds were not seen flying but sad chirping would be heard,the sky had dark clouds,so dark that it looked like it was still night yet it was just 8 in the morning.People hanged their heads and worked lazily,well they wanted to get over with the funeral so they could cry their eyes out by themselves,that's how they felt much better.

The church mass took place but it felt short since no ones mind was concentrating on the current event.Soon it was time for the burial rites,this made even the most composed people breakdown into bitter tears.Asami went through alot since she fainted so many times that opal had to hold her in place even when she was sitted.She even fainted on korra's body when they had to view the body for the last time,that's why opal had to hold her else she would fall into the grave.

After the burial everyone had a blank expression,they felt so lifeless.Korra was what made them feel safe,secure and happy,with her dead they hoped evil won't arise since the Avatar was now dead,since having her around was a big assurance that everything was perfect.

Though they knew they would one day meet,it hurt that they would meet after death but not in this lifetime,all in all they knew that they were friends to a selfless and a kind hearted person.