2

✧‿*:✧2✧:*‿✧

"Ow! Ow!" Neteyam hissed at the stinging pain. From afar, Aé'teya grimaced for her brother.

"Aw." Spider began, "Wants a kiss on the boo-boo?" He teases, earning a glare from the boy in pain. Aé'teya would laugh at the teasing but she wasn't in the right mood to laugh.

Kiri was walking past her when she pulled her legs, "Using the Yanglabark would be less painful." She whispered to Kiri who replied to her with a nod. 

"Aé'teya and I would use the Yanglabark," Kiri suggested to the Tsahìk, their grandmother. Mo'at gave them both an amusing look, "Oh yea? And who's the Tsahìk?"

It was a question to both her and Kiri but Kiri was the one to answer, "You are grandm- move." Kiri cut her words by shoving Lo'ak out of her way. "You are, grandmother. But Yanglabark is better." She continues.

"Ow! Ow!" Neteyam went back to his complaints.

"It's stingless," Kiri added.

"Mighty warrior," Lo'ak teased.

"Move, Lo'ak. Let me help Neteyam, grandmother."

Aé'teya stood up from the ground, walking past Lo'ak who shrugged. Slamming her shoulders with his but not too hard, "Who knows Kiri might be the Tsahìk instead of you."

Aé'teya was holding herself back from flicking his forehead. "Whatever, over my dead body"

As the future Tsahìk, Aé'teya was quite passionate about her birthright. But somehow she would always feel like she was nowhere good as her grandmother. Even Kiri is close enough to be better than her.

She's afraid, not because Kiri is better than her, no. But because she's afraid that she's not good enough. Her parents have high expectations for her and Neteyam and she's afraid of letting them down.

What is her true purpose in life if it isn't to be a great future Tsahìk?

Aé'teya could only give herself a sad smile at her thoughts.

✧:*‿✧・゚ *✧‿*:✧

"Netayam, come and play with me, please." Tuk pleads, pulling her brother's arm who is trying to sleep. "Not now, Tuk. Tomorrow. I'm tired right now."

Tuk folded her arms, letting out a frustrated humph. She turns away from Neteyam, stomping her foot and walking towards Aé'teya who's sharpening her dagger. "Tuk, Neteyam is injured, don't disturb him."

Tuk sat next to her, pouting and looking at her with pleading eyes, "Can you play with me?"

"Fine but you'll have to wait," Aé'teya replied, continuing to sharpen her dagger. Tuk immediately stood up with a cheeky grin. "I'll wait outside!" She began hopping her way out of the tent, making the older girl shake her head.

"Are you okay?" Aé'teya completely forgot Neteyam was in there with her, resting. She frowned, turning her head behind him. "Why wouldn't I." She answered him but her eyes were looking at the floor.

Neteyam got up from laying on the floor, looking at his sister with worried eyes. "You don't look okay." 

Aé'teya snorted a laugh, "What are you talking about?" She finally looked at him. Neteyam gave her a really look, causing the girl to drop her smile. "I'm fine, Neteyam. You on the other hand don't look like it." She grinned, pointing out his injuries from before.