Chapter 5

Jokers pov:
We finished eating the meal violet had prepared and stood up, I walked towards the bathroom, when suddenly someone rang the bell. I saw violet running towards the door excited. But suddenly a question wondered to my head, did she have a boyfriend? Why was she excited to open the door? She peeked through the door, then slowly ran to my henchmen's room. " quick both of you come" she said as I leaned to the bathroom door. She went running to the door as they followed her calmly. " hello miss Anderson?" A guy said I walked slowly towards the door to see who she was talking to, but I couldn't. " yeah it's me " she said in excitement. Her exciting voice was so soothing to hear. " please sign this " he said to her giving her a paper. I could see his hand but not him. She nodded yes and signed the paper and gave it back to him. She moved away from the door and my henchmen went outside the door.

They came back in with two mattresses in their hands. " where should I put this violet?" Tyler said to her holding a mattress in his hand. " hey! who said you could talk to her casually?!" I said screaming at him, he annoyed me talking to her like he was her frie- " stop joker he's my friend now" she said snapping me out of my thoughts. Tyler looked at her as if she was lying, " sorry sir, she doesn't actually mean that" he said looking at the mattress. It boiled my blood. He can't be her friend. What if they get close and all that. " just put it down her Tyler" she said pointing at a wall in the living room with one hand and the other going on her forehead. She Followed them as I stood there not moving.

Violets pov:
Was he seriously angry about Tyler talking casually to me!? I mean seriously if he's gonna live here we all have to get along! I sighed to shake off the thought, " hey I never asked for your name?" I said walking towards the other guy " it's Matthew" his voice was deep, his face was straight showing no emotions. " well, We'll get to know each other better during time, don't worry about joker doing you guys any harm okay? " they both nodded yes. " okay so these mattresses are for you guys lay them down here in the living room when you want to sleep, I'll get you blankets and pillows." I said spreading a smile on my face for comfort. I walked towards my room, just to see that I have forgotten about fixing joker his room. I quickly grabbed a few cleaners and his new bed sheet and blanket set. I went to the room and blasted some music in my headphones and started cleaning. I started from the tables to the bed to the floor to the cabinet. I put on the new dark purple bed set. And ta-daaa it was done.

It was beautiful, the room looked fresh and new, I took down your headphones to your neck the music still hearable because of how loud it was. I went searching for joker, the living room, not there, the bathroom, not there, my room, not there , the kitchen, not there. It worried me, where did he go? I went to find the boys, I found Mathew taking a sip of his water " hey Mathew have you seen joker?" I said looking around. He coughed, " he went out of the apartment to smoke" he said his voice still deep " okay thank you!" I went running out the apartment room, still listening to the music in a faded tone.

I clicked the elevator but it wasn't going up, so I decided to take the stars, yeah yeah I know I live on the 7th floor but I was used to taking the stairs since the elevator always seemed to be broken. I went outside of the apartment panting from using the stairs. it was dark outside, so I honestly was scared because I couldn't see him anywhere, but I remembered we had an alley next to the apartment he could be there, so I walked there. I stopped before entering and checked around " j-joker?" I stuttered. I started walking down the alley way. It was cold so I brought my hands up and crossed them close to my chest to bring myself warmth, suddenly an unfamiliar voice from behind me , " hey beautiful, you know you aren't supposed to walk alone at night, especially not in Gotham" I froze in place not wanting to turn around. " hey I'm talking to you! " he held my shoulders aggressively and turned me. He pushed me to the wall as I tried to fight him off, but his grip was too strong for me to fight off, but still I kept kicking and trying to move my arms. As he came closer to my face he looked at my eyes for a while then went down to your neck and started kissing it, you screamed trying to get away.
Bang!
He fell to the ground, as I turned just to see a man holding up a gun. I looked closer to realize it was joker, I quickly ran to joker jumping over the body, as I pulled him for an embrace.

Joker's pov:

I was smoking near violets apartment just looking around me, I put out the cigarette when I was done and started walking back, while I did. I heard a familiar scream
Suddenly it took me to a flashback when I broke into Wayne enterprises, violet, it was violets scream.
I rushed over to an dark alley way, just to see a guy kissing violets neck, my eyes felt like they lit on fire, without thinking I took out my gun and shot him.
Bang!
He was on the floor, as my eyes couldn't leave violet. She turned to me, it took her a second to realize, it was me. She came rushing to me as soon as she realized , what I didn't expect was. Her hugging me, she wrapped her arms around me and sunk her head to my chest, her warmth, it was amazing. It felt good, I didn't want her to leave. I pulled her tighter to my embrace. As I took my head above hers. We stayed like this for a while.

She looked up at me, " thank you" she said with her soft cute voice, " are you okay?" I said worried . " y-yeah I'm good" she said her voice shaky. "your safe as long as your with me, okay?" I said, although it felt like it wasn't me in there anymore, it's like I had a soft spot for her.
I held her hand as she clenched to it tightly, and walked her back into her apartment. She was freezing from wearing so light cloth, she was shaking actually. I clicked the elevator as it was still broken it didn't respond. I had to pick her up bride style and go up the stairs with her in my hands. " h-hey what are you doing I can walk you know " she said looking at me. I stayed quiet for a while but managed to say this. " no your freezing" I said quietly