'Till the Popular Girl Cries.

High School Torture.

It all started on Day 1 of the Easter Holidays...

Candace had no choice but to stand on the sidelines and watch as her boyfriend walked off with Sasha, the popular one of the school who was one short of a building block to complete her her popular status. And now she had got it: Shane. And Candace's humiliation was just the icing on the cake...

They had their arms linked like they were married after their honeymoon. It was like Sasha was dangling Shane in front of Candace's (aka Candy's) face, hugging him like he was a little toy which she won at a raffle sale. The toy which Candy had lost to her, even though it was originally hers...and now he'd been stolen away.

Clenching her fists, she resisted the urge to burst into floods of tears. Sasha sneaked Candy a sly wink, holding Shane even closer to her, almost as though she was frightened to let go off him in case he ran back to his original 'owner.'  Thats what Sasha called Candace, to lure him in to her trap of popularity. But, seriously! Sasha was acting so bitchy...she just had to snap her fingers and she could ruin your life like that. Steal your boyfriend. Turn your mates away from you. Make you snap like a broken twig with one deadly grin.

"Candy, you coming or what?"

She spun round like a spinning wheel in over-drive. Seeing her best friend, Lola, behind her, she relaxed and nodded, picking up her tray and cautiously watching the mince mint which reminded her of brains. Many thanks to her cousion, Josh, for putting that image in her mind...

Candace sat down and fingered the silver fork with obvious distress. She didn't really feel like eating and the sweat ran down her neck like a constant reminder that the clock was ticking...if she didn't get Shane back soon she never would....

"Candyyy...what's wrongyyy?"Lola questioned in a sing song voice, "What's the matter?" she asked again seriously, setting her fork down mid chomp and watching her with curiousity.

"Nothing..." Candy lied, looking shiftely at Shane who was still snuggled up with Sasha like 2 chickens in a coop. He'd got a dreamy look in his eyes, like he'd been hypmotised and his new girlfriend watched Candy with suspicion and glee. Sending her an overly girly wave, she went back to major snogging escapades and ignored Candy completely. Shane was obviously enjoying it because he didn't protest and simply grinned and leant in for more like the crappy show-off he was.

Caught up in her own thoughts, she never noticed the space next to her was now empty. Lola had left her stranded in a desert of boyfriend snatchers and idiots, all on her own like a loner. Candace simply picked up her fork and chucked it across the hall in anger, ducking underneath the chair as it immediately flew back across. Sasha...

"CRAP!" It whacked the wall behind her leaving five little pinpoints...right where the picture of Candace stood. It was a nice one too, of her in the Disco Commitee and now it was covered in four indented dots. Like a persona of her life, shiny and glossy on the outside but regulary dotted with upsetting flaws. As usual.

Sighing she tapped her Samsung Tocco and it bleeped with a new text.

________________________________________________

From: Shane

To: Candy

Subject: Me and Sasha