Chapter 1: Meeting Makima

You have just finished killing yet another devil and have just sold it for cash. Right now, you were exploring the countryside, looking for any and all possible devil sightings.

Eventually, you found a Fiend eating corpses after staking the place out for a few hours... maybe even more.

"Well, well, well..." you said, attracting the attention of the Fiend. "Looky, looky, I got Hooky!" you shouted.

The Fiend noticed you and charged straight towards you. Unfortunately for it, you had a much larger upper hand.

"BACKSLAP!"

The chasing and slapping and overall fighting went on for a while until both of you went all Primal Rage or Mortal Kombat on each other. After the battle ended and you defeated the Fiend, you collapsed there on the ground, exhausted.

"Mamma mia," you said to yourself before passing out.

Some hours later, you woke up to a car pulling up right within your area.

"Hmm?"

Once you came to, you saw the car doors open, with two men and a red-haired woman stepping out. You quickly drew out your weapons, believing that they are possible Fiends. She signaled for you to put them away.

"You missed all the fun," you told the woman.

"Indeed I did," she responded.

You then got on your feet and dragged the defeated Fiend's corpse away.

"What are you doing?" the woman asked.

"Well, you see, I got Devils to hunt and money to collect. Got a problem with that?"

"I noticed that you've been on your own for a long time," she answered. "Are you tired?"

"I am," you responded, "But I got to eat sometime."

"I'm part of the Public Safety Devil Hunters and we're always looking for more members," the lady said in response.

"I'd rather have things be steady for now."

"But would you like to join us?" she asked.

You gave this a thought for a few seconds.

"Eh, what the hell? I'll give it a shot."

"Come with me," the lady ordered you to do.

You stepped in the car and were driven to the city.

"What's your name, Miss?" you asked.

"My name is Makima. It's been nice to meet you."

"My name is (y/n). It's nice to meet you too."

You looked out the car window, wondering what else lies ahead for you and Makima.