02 | A Prince, A Personal Guard And Two Junior Officials

CHAPTER TWO : A PRINCE , A PERSONAL GUARD AND TWO JUNIOR OFFICIALS

"Did you hear what happened on Mount Yu Jun?"

"Oh, not again."

"When will it end?"

Zhen Xiang hadn't meant to tune into their conversation as she walked passed, but she was naturally observant and passively perceptive. This was a burden most of the time as she couldn't turn her brain of, however when it came to figuring people out and uncovering hidden truths, Zhen Xiang was a master.

So as Xie Lian and Zhen Xiang walked amongst the people who lived on the mountain, Zhen Xiang was taking everything in. From the way the wind felt to the exact stone type that was under her foot. She observed it all and took every piece of information in.

However, in her intense observation, she missed that Xie Lian had stopped to look at a sign. She only noticed when she turned to talk to him and found no one there. In a daze of confusion, she whipped around to try and find him only too see him stood outside some kind of establishment.

Zhen Xiang jogged over to him and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Let's stop here for now." Xie Lian said to her, after he had hummed in response.

"Why?" Zhen Xiang couldn't help but ask with furrowed brows.

"It's a tea house." Xie Lian replied, a small smile on his face. "'Little Shop of Encounters', what an interesting name."

It was in this time where the owner of this quaint little tea shop noticed the two standing outside. He rushed over to them where he was greeted by two kind smiles. The owner smiled back and motioned for them to come inside.

"Welcome good sir and madam." He welcomed as he guided them to a table in the far corner. "Please take a seat."

Xie Lian was the first to sit down, taking off his hat and placing it on the seat next to him. Zhen Xiang opted to stand for now, the sword on her hip being eyed by the owner himself. She sent the man a comforting smile, one that spoke "don't worry, I won't use it". This seemed to settle the man.

"Pardon, has anything strange happened here lately?" Xie Lian asked the owner, hoping to gain some information about what exactly is happening on the mountain.

The man frowned, "Speak no evil, see no evil." He muttered before walking away to the desk.

Watching the man leave, Zhen Xiang let out a small, "Huh." Before turning to her friends. "I'll go get some tea. Don't get into trouble while I'm gone."

"Without you? I wouldn't dream of it." Xie Lian joked as he smiled up at her.

Zhen Xiang unhooked her sword from her belt and placed it on the table, still in its sheath. The black haired god had many weapons on her, most were cleverly hidden, however that was the one that stood out the most. Plus Xie Lian liked to keep a hold of it, just in case.