𝖛𝖎𝖎. The Millennium Falcon

✧⁺❀ C h a p t e r s e v e n . . .

With her mind no longer pre-occupied by the fearful prospect of bounty hunters or Jabba the Hutt, Zara was finally able to truly survey the sight that Han Solo considered to be the magnum opus of all spacecraft. Sitting on the ramp leading to the ship's entrance, she observed the delipidated ellipsoid know as the Millennium Falcon. The assemblage of discarded components which had extended their use and battered hull parts (presumably scavenged from scrap yards) was far from the glorified image Han had conjured in his descriptions. Its true glory was perhaps the miracle that must be intertwined with the patchwork of parts, preventing it from being torn to shreds by gravity, each time it ascended up and beyond the stratosphere.

Zara had been distracted, watching Han perform final adjustments before the craft's take-off, lost in her thoughts of dying if the ship collapsed in the middle of their journey and conflicted with fear that the pilot may have begun to suspect her sweetness to be a veneer. Due to this, she had not noticed Chewbacca leave. She only now realised that he must have at some point departed, as he now returned with the droids, Ben and Luke in tow, both wearing traditional, Tatooinian, cream cloaks, similar to her own.

Luke surveyed the ship, eyes wide in astonishment and Zara noted that his opinion on the spacecraft aligned perfectly with her own. "What a piece of junk!"

Despite herself, this comment caused a small smile to creep onto her lips. She prepared herself for a provoked Han's reaction of righteous indignation.

"She'll make .5 past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid." With a mock, chivalrous bow, he gestured up the ramp to the entrance, on which Zara was still sat. "But we're a little rushed, so if you'll just get on board, we'll get out of here."

As the others began to venture up the ramp, Zara stood and she too boarded the ship. The interior of the ship appeared as mismatched as the exterior and she could see many of the haphazard modifications Han had made. It was a farrago of traditional Corellian parts and seemingly any scrap metal he could find. He was certainly a pilot, not an engineer.

Seating herself in one of the vacant passenger spaces, she watched Chewbacca squeeze himself into a far too small pilot seat, which his towering form caused to appear dwarf-like, as though it had been crafted for ewoks. After his large paws had adeptly navigated the many levers and switches before him, a soft, thrumming sound began to echo throughout the Falcon, as the engines were activated.

Zara sensed a presence next to her and looking up, she saw Luke smiling down at her. He strapped himself into the seat adjacent to hers.

"How are you feeling about our journey to Alderaan now that you know this is the heap of rust we're flying in?" he asked with a grin.