𝖛. Shandra Drakar

✧⁺❀ C h a p t e r f i v e . . .

After the arrangement with Han had been successfully negotiated and he had divulged the location of his beloved ship - docking bay 94, Zara mentally noted - the motley group decided amongst themselves to meet at said location as soon as they had all settled remaining business on Tatooine. At the suggestion of Ben, Luke found himself needing to sell his landspeeder for the initial 2000 credits to pay for the voyage. Han also appeared in need of resolving some problems on the wasteland planet; he had not vocalised this, but Zara had noticed a Rodian maliciously eyeing the pilot, whose slight shift in countenance let slip that this was an issue that needed correcting before their trip. If it were up to the Rodian, he did not look as though he would let Han leave the planet - or even the cantina - alive.

After Luke and Ben had left the booth, Zara also took her exit, allowing Han to have room for the confrontation that would undoubtedly soon be taking place. She considered leaving the cantina to try and find the two droids - maybe she could establish a relationship with them that would later make them more liable to leave with her willingly - but this idea was quickly extinguished when her vortex manipulator began pulsing with a star-like blossom of pure white light. Glancing around to ensure that no eyes were on her, she dove into a shadowy alcove out of view from the cantina habitués. As the tinny music sounded muffled in this location, she hoped this meant that her conversation would be similarly inaudible.

With another sweeping glance at her surroundings, Zara averted her attention to the bracelet and tentatively pushed down the moonstone diamond that was glowing brighter than the binary suns of Tatooine. At her touch, the light dissipated and reformed into a flickering, cerulean hologram. The small figure on her wrist was a perfect recreation of Kaz Palpatine.

A small look of surprise flashed across Zara's features, her raven brow creasing slightly in confusion. She had presumed her caller would be Lord Vader - or perhaps even the Emperor - enquiring after her mission. Part of her had been eager to share the details of her cunning plan, which she was very pleased with. Her masters would both have revelled in her obsidian plot of betrayal and villainy. Not only would she be delivering the droids containing the Death Star plans to the Empire, as was expected, but she would also be turning in two imperial enemies - Jedi Knights. They would be delighted with her.

Instead, there was Kaz.

Kaz with his cold-hearted expression and stoic, stony eyes. His dagger-sharp jaw and phantom-white skin. He always had an aura which suggested that he was perpetually displeased - he had looked equally vexed upon their engagement being announced - and so, Zara was unable to decipher if their conversation would be a pleasant one or one in which she was to be subjected to every degree of condemnation and verbal abuse at his hands.