𝖎𝖛. Captain Han Solo

✧⁺❀ C h a p t e r f o u r . . .

In a shadowy, low-lit corner of the cantina, Zara found herself in a booth next to the two men she had just met - Luke Skywalker and Ben Kenobi - and opposite the wookie, Chewbacca and the Corellian from earlier, who was yet to be formally introduced. Her following of the two droid owners may have lacked subtlety and may have appeared odd without explanation, causing Zara to attempt to formulate a suitable lie for accompanying them, before too many questions were cast her way.

At present, Luke at her side seemed perfectly content with her continued presence, allowing her to remain unchallenged by any of the others. It was Ben who unnerved her. There was a sense of familiarity about him and his probable connections to the former Jedi Order scared her. If Vader (as a Sith) had the necessary powers to read her mind, there was nothing to prevent Kenobi from doing the same now and exposing her true loyalties. That being said, if she had the mental fortitude to cloak her dreams of Solaris and wavering feelings towards the Empire from Vader, she could surely hide her real motives from old Ben.

Zara watched as the Corellian opposite her took a large swig of whatever potent liquid had been in his tankard, before slamming it on the table and adopting a serious expression, turning to business.

"Han Solo," he introduced himself. "I'm captain of the Millennium Falcon."

He outstretched his hand to Ben, who shook it sincerely and afterwards to Luke, who hesitantly accepted. Despite only just being introduced to the pilot, there was an air of recklessness and easy self-assuredness that hung around him, which was already rubbing Luke the wrong way.

Han now turned to Zara and when she sceptically allowed him to take her hand for what she assumed would be a shake, he lifted it to his lips and pressed a long kiss against the back of it. This act decidedly sealed Luke's dislike of the Corellian. Zara also disliked the pilot, although her distaste for him had been realised from the instant he had sent her a drink at the bar in an attempt to seduce her.

Resuming business, Han continued, "Chewie here tells me you're looking for passage to the Alderaan system."

"Yes, indeed, if it's a fast ship," Kenobi responded.

"Fast ship? You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon?"

Han's incredulity had no effect on the unbothered Ben. "Should I have?"

"It's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs." Han's eyes gleamed with pride and confidence, as he folded his arms on the table. "I've outrun Imperial starships. Not the local bulk cruisers, mind you. I'm talking about the big Corellian ships now."

Out of Han's eyeline, Zara's eyebrow raised in amusement and intrigue. From her experience on the other side, she knew that it took one hell of a pilot to outrun the Empire. She would like to see this Millennium Falcon for herself, and more importantly, if Han Solo was as good of a flyer as he claimed to be.