Prologue: In the Library

Professor Hawken slammed his hands on the desk in front of him, startling the nine students, Denzel, Lucy, Aveline, Miles, Cameron, Dawn, Samantha, Frankie, and Hanson, who were sitting right in front of him. Well actually, only eight of them were startled as one of them didn't really care.

He looked at one of the students, Frankie, a dark skinned fellow who just had his brown eyes frenzied from left and right. "I saw Lucy and Cameron pulling each other's hair out on the hallway and screaming their lungs out."

"Lucy was trying to get Miles for herself despite the fact that she clearly has a boyfriend." Cameron snapped, her long and straight jet black hair now in tangles thanks to all the hair pulling.

"Oh shut up, Cameron! We were just talking!" Lucy soured, her black hair equally messy as Cameron's. "You're the one who's overreacting here. Besides, at least I have high grades unlike you who just made goo-goo eyes on Miles 24/7. Zel and I aren't even dating to begin with."

"I don't care! Your lips were so close to touching his anyway!" Cameron snapped.

Before Miles, Zel, or anyone else could even get a say in the matter, Professor Hawken made a shushing sound that rang the whole room. "Silence! You are all speaking such nonsense." He gave a jeering look towards Cameron and Lucy, which faded once he saw the rest. "And I assume that the rest of you are either trying to be the peacemakers, the witnesses, or the main cause of commotion between these two ladies..." he added, sending the same jeering look to Miles on the last part. "And with that, your detention, or punishment, for today is to clean up the library. Oh, and no talking or you're staying here in school for the whole night."

"The whole night?" Dawn reiterated, her fingers entangling her wavy strawberry blonde hair. "But I have piano lessons-"

"No ifs," Professor Hawken interjected, "and no buts."

"So you're saying I'm involved in this even though I'm a witness and your nephew?"

Professor Hawken eyed Miles in the eye. "Correction, my nephew, you are not a witness, but the main cause of the commotion, so yes, you're included."

"Gee, thanks." Miles rolled his blue eyes, thanking his uncle in sarcasm font.

"You're welcome." Professor Hawken replied with the same exact font. "Now begone. If you finish the task in an hour then you are free to go. If not, I would grab my pajamas if I were you." He added, before closing the door.

"So, what are you all waiting for?" Zel asked the dumbfounded students. "Let's go."

"Yeah, let's." Lucy nodded.

The nine students head for the library. Hanson was the first to enter, along with Zel, Lucy, Dawn, Frankie, Samantha, and Aveline. Before Cameron could even enter, Miles grabbed her by the arm and pulled her to the side.

"You're overreacting." Miles told her darkly.

Cameron didn't move an inch and hung her head low.

"You. Are. Overreacting." Miles scolded. "Luciana and I weren't even close to kissing! And mind you, I knew her way before I knew you."

Cameron couldn't look him in the eye and just continued to look down towards the floor they were standing on.

"This is why I don't want to be with you anymore. You wouldn't even leave me alone. You were never like this in the past two years. Now this year, your attitude has been nothing but complete bullshit."

These words struck her heart into a thousand pieces. She looked up to him, her eyes full of pain with tears starting to stream down.

"Oh so you're crying about it now? Jeez Cameron, you're too sensitive-"