Chapter 4: The Magical Shadowsword

Zel wasn't that worried about being in a totally different place. Like Dawn (or Isabella), he had an adventurous sense that rose within him, only he was a less worried adventurer.

He now sat down on a couch that somehow looked like it had been sunk below the floor level. The room he was in looked lively, like some sort of club, only the lights weren't colorful and there was no music. To his relief, it wasn't time for clubbing just yet as he was pretty much not the club type of guy, as he just woke up from a worryingly long slumber.

Another figure sat next to him on the couch with two glasses of fruit juice on hand. This figure looked pretty peculiar, he looked like some sort of creature but not even Zel knew what kind of creature he or she must be, if they do have some sort of gender, that is.

"Where do you come from?"

Yup, it was a guy. Still don't know what kind of creature, though.

"Uh, earth?" Zel answered with a tone that seemed like the person he was asking should know by now.

"Earth, hm? Where is that, exactly?" asked the creature.

"Haha, you don't know what earth is." Zel laughed, before his voice raised after the realization. "Wait, you don't know what earth is? What on earth... where am I then?"

All kinds of chitter-chatter seemed to stop at that instant, as if they were thinking that either Zel himself just disrespected the authority or he was just crazy as hell.

"Well, if I must say where you are currently at to avoid all levels of confusion, you are probably not at... whatever this 'earth' is you're talking about." said the male creature. "You are in the world of Empyrea. The city of Zanadu to be exact. And you are talking to the alphoi king of Zanadu, who goes by the name of Khan."

Zel nodded along, the fact that he was not on earth not hitting him yet. "King Khan, that sounds so badass. Zanadu, haha, sounds like some top secret area where all the agents would hide and yada-yada, wait- what were you saying again about earth?"

The alphoi, Khan, took a disappointed sigh before repeating himself. "You are probably not on earth currently?"

The black haired boy finally winced at the thought, looking at all the creatures surrounding him drinking fruit punch. "Yikes."

Silence ensued as Zel looked at his surroundings around him. Guess these kinds of clubs exist back on earth, which is probably why he thought he was on earth until Khan's presence approached him at the very least.

"Well Khan Academy dude, at least I wounded up in a pretty fine area, I wonder where my classmates are-"

Zel's sentence had cut off as music started to boom throughout the room. The creatures cheered before they began dancing as if they were in some sort of club... which they are in one anyway.

"So, what is your name? You have not introduced yourself yet." Khan asked. However, Zel could not hear due to the loud music coming from the front of the club.

"What?"

"What is your name?"

"Khan, I can't hear a thing. Speak louder."

Khan gave him a face that looked like he was so done with his life as he reiterated his question again. "WHAT. IS. YOUR. NAME?"

Zel began to understand how pissed Khan was because the boy himself couldn't hear him and was unable to answer. He glanced at the people, or creatures, partying off to the side but their cheers erupted as loud as market vendors.

"Gosh, shut up!" Zel yelled, his finger pointing towards the crowd and what seemed like some sort of rocket shooting bubbles and playing disco music. What he didn't know however was the mere fact that a purple, stormy lightning bolt shot its way to the bubble-producing, music playing rocket. The sound of electricity cackling was the sound that erupted throughout the whole club this time, causing everyone to stay put in their places with surprised looks on their faces.