Chapter 6: You Are My Destiny

The first thing that popped into Lucy's mind was to get out of where she was in right now.

She was inside some sort of grand lobby of an eerie castle. Almost every single decor was either black or gray.

Though she woke up from a comfortable bed that was located in the corner of the room, she could feel the rather unsettling vibe that bloomed around her.

There was something on the wall near the door. It looked like some sort of gray-ish colored paper but it was laminated and stuck on the wall. It read:

Destiny Soulsword

Maid of Darkmoor

Maid. It didn't quite stick with Lucy. Did she get kidnapped?

Lucy was a fearless and brave girl. Despite unsettling atmospheres, she still remained strong. However, the fact that she woke up in this Halloween-esque bedroom left her very bewildered.

And when there was a sudden knock on the door, she flinched and shifted a bit, widening her eyes.

"Ms. Destiny? May I come in, please?"

The voice was a man's with a tone that sounded like a plead.

Lucy wanted to just wait it out and hope that he would go away.

...

Thirty seconds have now passed and he was still knocking. This irked her out. But this also made her approach the door without any further hesitation. Her hand clasped the doorknob that was in front of her and turned it left fully to open the door.

"Good evening, Destiny." greeted the man behind the door with a smile on his face that sounded gentle but sharp enough for you to realize that you would need to respect. "I assume that I have awakened you in your slumber, and with that, I apologize."

Lucy was more than ready to bombard him with a plethora of head-scratching questions such as the five W's and H, but she decided not to as the man in front of her looked as if he had authority over her. Instead, her courteous demeanor reigned over her. "Oh, not at all! I was just—" She looked at the spooky bedroom behind her. "...cleaning."

A hearty laugh erupted from the middle aged man standing before her. "You looked more like you needed some sleep, my dear." Though Lucy's gaze was failing slightly, she could see what the man looked like, sporting messy black-ish hair and a tanned complexion. "Though before you go back to your rest, I want to ask you a favor."

"Hmm?" Lucy half-yawned. Did she really need to play the role of Destiny Soulsword in order to get back to where she was moments ago with her friends?

"Me and Jenny will be gone for a while with Captain Pollo and his crew." the man explained. "I would like for you to look after Ella for me.

Ella? Jenny? Who the hell were these people?

"Ella's in the nursery room on her crib. She's there with Sylvia."

Ah, so this Ella's still a baby... but now, who's Sylvia?

"...Sure thing." Lucy said.

"Great! I'll let you know when we're leaving."

"Wait—"

And he was off. She didn't even get to ask for his name. Then again, why would she do so? It would just make her look suspicious.

When the man was nowhere to be seen, Lucy, now Destiny, stepped foot on the dimly lit hallways. Everything was adorned with spooky neutral colored furniture.

Maybe she could get a hint of who he is and where she is.

Glancing up on the walls, she could see all sorts of paintings from hauntingly beautiful landscapes such as a dark forest with an illuminating nighy sky, big and hollow caves and mountains at night and so on and so forth. There are a few pieces of house decor floating around the sides of the hallway. How magical, she thought, great to be locked up in a Harry Potter-esque room like this...

There was a black wooden frame next to the door to the foyer. It was a painting of a very scary castle with the words typed on top:

"Welcome to Castle Darkmoor."

"Creepy shit." Lucy cackled to herself, unaware of the risk she was going to take if ever she gets lost in the area.

There was a big staircase that led to the ground floor. And a few yards ahead from the staircase was a hallway leading out.

Outside.

She thought that this was going to be her chance. Looking left and right, she made sure there were no signs of life hidden in plain sight that could easily hinder her from her escape. When that was settled, she made a dash for it.

Just on the other side of the main gate was an island of sorts with some sort of door in the middle of it that was oddly standing on its own. It didn't look like it would lead anywhere so that would make for a fruitless escape but what if she tried ? Everything around her screamed necromancy after all...

She entered it anyway, with the slightest bit of hesitation. If she gets lost in whatever universe is in there, then she'll have no choice but to apologize to herself for making a decision that would probably cost her her own life.

"Sweet dreams, Lucy." Destiny sighed to herself before leaping into the door that would take her to a new world ahead of her.

When she woke up, she felt like had been sleeping for an eternity. She could see all sorts of leaves above her so she assumed she was in a forest with life of course.

She got up with a pounding headache. And with a slow spin, she looked behind her, and a familiar sight made her eyes widen.

"You!"

End chapter.