Chapter 2: Dawn of Athena

Dawn could feel herself breathing rapidly. She didn't know where she was. She woke up in the middle of nowhere just half an hour ago.

Well, not exactly in the middle of nowhere.

She woke up in a grassy area not too far from some ancient Greek-looking structures and was now on the run.

She was sure she had teleported somewhere in Greece, but how the hell would that happen?

Her what used to be straight, long, strawberry blonde hair became a frizzy, curly mess. Her dark blue eyes were getting diluted out of fatigue. Her lips turned pale and this was definitely not because she forgot to put lipstick in the morning... maybe. Her peachy skin turned slightly tan due to basking under the sun for way too long, to the point where her forearms were starting to get sunburned.

Similar to Paul, she had on some sort of wizard garbs, but they were yellow and royal blue. And they were a mess thanks to her panicking and frantically rolling about. Dawn wasn't really a panicky kid, but if she does not know what to do, that's where that feeling strikes.

She kept on running and running and running, until she reached a vast garden where the temples madly stood tall in front of it. She could see some signs of life; a surreal sight of birds walking on two feet as if they were human. Yes. Very normal.

"Help..." Dawn wheezed out a plea for help... until she suddenly fainted and collapsed a second time, this time on the cobblestone road where literally everyone could see.

Some shocked screams were heard as everything turned pitch black.

---

"My god..."

"Easy there, young warrior. Easy there." A rather motherly voice came into Dawn's hearing. She could feel herself being settled down. She couldn't see who it was as she still had her eyes shut, trying to process the fatigue she was feeling. When she finally fluttered her eyes open, there stood a beautiful white owl in armor. Her beak pushed back to a smile, where this signalled Dawn to breath in a sigh of relief. She took a quick glance at herself and was even more relieved to see that was taken care of. She wore white garbs that had a yellow trim. Her hair was back to straight as if it was combed the first thing in the morning. She still looked a bit pale and her forearms weren't healing much, but at least she looked better.

"You passed out as soon as you arrived at the Garden of Hesperides."

"Huh?"

Dawn's vision cleared instantly. The owl was the only person with her in the room, so the first thing she did was to, yes, interrogate her.

"Do you know where are we?"

The owl sat on the bed where Dawn was lying on and took the opportunity to introduce herself and her surroundings.

"My name is Athena Battlesight, a warrior here in Aquila." The owl began. "I have been deemed one of the greatest warriors and goddesses of Aquila and a daughter to Zeus."

Dawn was pretty lost, but she didn't made it obvious as she nod along. "Mm, sounds cool."

"And who might you be?"

This was where she had a tossup. Should she give herself a pseud to hide her identity? Or should she tell Athena her real name?

"Uh... Isabella."

Isabella? 'Ugh, god why out of all names-' she angrily thought to herself. It's not like she didn't like it...it's just that, the name holds a very, very special place to her.

Isabella was the name of her younger sister who died in an accident. And the more she hears the name, the more the pain returns.

"...Dawn." Dawn stated her real name this time. However, Athena looked as if she was going to put this in a different way.