one

"You can't give me any more descriptors? Like.. how tall he was?" Isla asked softly to the terrified lady in front of her, "N-no ma'am, I'm afraid not." The poor lady stuttered, "That's okay. Just call this number if you remember anything else." Isla smiled while handing the lady her card and she walked away over to Detective West.

"He's still not here." He groaned while straightening his jacket, "He will be here, Joe. He always is." She sighed while looking down at her sketch pad, "Nothing?" "I mean we know it's the mardons, so I don't really have a job to do but it just sucks not being able to help." Joe chuckled at the girl, "Isla, you are the most important person here. Without you, half the people we do catch would still be on the streets." He guided the raven-haired girl over to Captain Singh as he arrived at the scene, "What do we got?"

"Perps took the bank, shot out the cameras, And as a chaser, killed the security guard over there. I've got unis kicking in doors of known mardon brothers associates." Joe explained, "Csi been over it?" "Uh, no." Joe hesitated while looking to the girl on his left

"Where's allen?" Singh groaned while looking around the crime scene, "You can not keep covering for him anymore Joe. If he's not here now, I'm gonna have to carry on this investigation without him."

"I'm here! I'm here! I'm sorry I was late Captain." The brunette huffed, trying to catch his breath

"What was it this time, mr. Allen? Did you forget to set your alarm clock? Before you answer, I should remind you the excuse you gave last time was car trouble. Want to know why that one was particularly memorable?" Singh smiled sarcastically while Isla looked away from the two hiding in a laugh

"I don't own a car.." Barry sighed, Isla quickly looked back and interjected so he wouldn't get in trouble and Joe wouldn't have to cover for him, "He was running an errand for me. Sorry Captain. Bare, did you get me what I asked for?" She smiled, still trying not to laugh at the previous conversation

"Yeah, yeah. I did. I have it right..." Barry quickly rummaged through his bag and pulled out a half eaten candy bar, which no one probably knows how long it's been in there, "Here! I had a few bites.."

Isla hesitantly grabbed the candy bar and Barry got to work quickly. She watched him drop to the ground and look at the tire tracks, his face began to move into his thinking face which she thought was adorable. Joe looked at the girl beside him with a childish grin and a shake of his head.

"Getaway car's a mustang shelby gt500. Shelby's have a rear super-wide tire specific to that model. 12 inches with an asymmetrical tread. And there's something else." Barry stated while Joe wrote it all down and Barry stood back up, stealing a pen from the other detective

Isla watched in awe of her best friend, she has always known that he was smart, just watching him in his element was always astonishing to her. Watching his face crinkle when he looked at things a certain way and the smile on his face when he was right.

"Thank you." Barry smiled as he dropped back down and picked whatever it was with the pen "Fecal excrement. Animal, I'd guess." He said while looking at it before stuffing it into a bag for testing later, "My dad gave me that pen... Before he died."

Isla's eyes grew wide as she looked at Barry's stunned face, "I-I'm sorry.."

~~~~~

"Nice drawing." Barry smiled while peering over the girl's shoulder at her sketch of the Mardon brothers. She jumped a bit and closed her book, "Shouldn't you be testing animal shit?" She asked as he walked back over to his desk, "Yes but I don't want to be. Dr.Wells is-" "Starting the Particle Accelerator tonight and it will change the way we think of science forever and ever. Yes, yes, I know Bare. We will watch it turn on, I promise. Even if we have to watch it on my computer screen."