Bourbon- Intro

Dean set his phone down on the bar after he had verified that the text had sent. Sam had stayed at home tonight and it was a good thing that he did. He didn't know the truth about his brother. He didn't know that Dean had to fight the urge to bash in the head of everyone in his site just to make the itch of the Mark go away. He didn't know that he secretly goes out on hunts so that he can relief everything that is built up inside him. He didn't even know where he really went at night. He doesn't know, because Dean doesn't tell him.

  "Another rough day at work?" The bartender walked up to Dean and handed him the same brand of beer that he'd been drinking for the week.

  "You have no idea." Dean said staring blankly in front of him. Coming to the bar after a hunt had become a tradition to him. He'd drop Sam off at the bunker, claiming that he needed to run some errands or grab some food, then stumble into his bed long after Sam was asleep, more intoxicated than he had ever been.

  "Want to talk about it?" The bartender pushed as Dean took a sip of the cool, ember liquid. She was attractive, Dean had to admit, and any other time he would have loved to tell her the sad story about him and his brother just so that she would melt for him. But not now. Not here. Not this time.

  "Sweetheart, you don't even want to know." His voice sounded rough and cold. She nodded and moved on to the next customer.

  Dean couldn't remember how long he had been at the bar but he was halfway done with his third beer. He held the bottle up to eye level so it would be easier to move the liquid to his lips. The bartender walked over again and set another one in front of him.

  "No, I'll take a bourbon." He corrected her. She nodded and grabbed a small glass and started pouring the liquor into it. She put the bottle back and slid the glass to him.

  "Anything else I can help you with darling?" She questioned, concern on her face. He just shook his head and downed the rest of the beer so that he could start on the new drink in front of him.

Behind him, the door to the bar opened for the millionth time and he ignored it just like he had ignored all the others. He felt a body sit down in the seat next to him, one that no one else had dared to take.

  "What can I get you, Sweety?" He heard the bartender ask the mysterious person.

  "I'll take whatever he's having," He heard an innocent voice say next him as a smile crept across his cheeks. The bartender did the same for the woman as she had done for him only moments before. He waited until the woman took a sip of the drink she had blindly ordered.

  "Bourbon? So it must be pretty bad huh?" The voice spoke to him. He smiled and lifted his head. Her dark brown hair and bright blue eyes drove themselves into his soul.

  "You know me well, don't you?" He smiled again and she did the same.

            "You know I do. How you doing Dean?"