I'll Be There for You

"I thought she was an only child," Sam said to fill the silence that had fell on the two brothers.

"She was. Until about two years ago. She was working on a case for Garth when she ran into a professor at the University she was studying at. He seemed too familiar to her so she called and after some digging... Well let's just say her mom got around before she settled down." Dean replied, remembering the time in his mind.

"You two are closer than I thought." Sam mumbled.

"She's my best friend. I know everything about that girl." He said staring at the ground.

"Well what did Crowley mean by killing a sibling? What is that supposed to do?" Sam questioned.

"It doesn't necessarily do anything except fuel her rage. When I got the Mark, the only thing I could think about was killing Abaddon. It consumed me and everything I did. She wronged me and I needed my revenge."

"What did her brother do?"

Karlie walked up the sets outside the university library. It was cold and her jacket was barely enough. She rubbed her hands up and down her arms to try and keep her warm.

"Is it weird being back on a campus?" A deep voice asked her from behind and a leather jacket fell across her shoulders. "You know, you've always been terrible about wearing warm enough clothes."

"Ha Ha Dean you are so funny." She teased him back, wrapping the jacket closer around her.

"So, you ready for this?" He asked with his hands in his pockets.

"No. I'm nervous to be honest. I'm going to walk in there and tell the guy who's been my fake professor for the last four weeks that he's really my half-brother. Yes, that's normal." She spoke, looking at the ground.

"Hey, when Sam and I met Adam it was weird too. But then I remembered that he's family things got better. Then Michael took over his body and it goes all downhill from there." He smiles at her.

"Not helping." She glared at him.

"Come on, Karls. Let's go meet him." He said turning to walk in the doors.

"Wait! Let me go alone. If the situation isn't weird enough, I don't want him to question why I'm hanging out with a 34 year old man." She smiled. Dean walked back to her and grabbed her in a tight hug before kissing her forehead.

"I'll be in the car if you need me." He nodded and walked away.

The door shut loudly behind her as she stared at the grand staircase in front of her. "You can do this Karlie. You can do it." She whispered to herself as she made her way on stair at a time.

The third floor couldn't have come to her soon enough as she stared down the long, marble hallway with doors lining all the way down. One with the light shining through caught her eye. She took a deep breath and walked towards the light.

Silence followed her knock. Had she not knocked hard enough? Was he ignoring the knock in general? Right before she had convinced herself to turn around and forget the whole thing she heard a click.

"Miss Style?" The voice said.

"Hello Professor Donaldson," she looked up at him nervously. "Do you have a few minutes to talk?" Her words were stiff. He chuckled.

"That's why they're called office hours. And call me Nathan." He smiled before opening the door wide enough to allow her in.

She walked into an old office room that looked like it should belong to a lawyer. Bookcases upon bookcases lined the walls. There was an old couch sitting below the window with a desk and two chairs sitting in the middle of the room. She walked over to the chair and began to sit down.