23.

Princess Mina.

After getting ready, I headed downstairs. While at the stairs on my way down, I saw Chaeyoung. We both stopped then he smiled at me. Warmth spread to my body and then I found myself smiling back at him. When we reached the landing he offered his arm and walked with me.

What happened next got me speechless. He said they're leaving and wanted to come back to visit me. He said he'll miss me and he even kissed my hand. After that, it seems like the warmth grew hotter and I feel it more on my face. I was too stunned to speak. Luckily Papa came along with Sana.

"Well you two are sure early." He said smiling brightly.

He and Sana were looking at our hands. Chaeyoung let go of her hand gently, faced the King and bowed at him.

"Good morning, your highness." He then turned to bow at Sana. "...Princess."

Sana bowed as well and said, "It is indeed a good morning..." She then went beside me smiling from ear to ear. "right sis?"

I was embarrassed for she was teasing us in front of him. I nudged her and whispered 'shut up' and started following Papa and Chaeyoung towards the garden.

Wait!? Did they saw him kiss my hand? Oh no. I looked at Sana who also looked at me still smiling teasingly. Oh shit, they did.

"Someone's getting closer, Am I missing something here?" Sana asked in her teasing tone.

I knew her, she wouldn't let it go. She'll pester me until I tell her. So I told her what happened last night as well as what he said to me earlier. I got startled as she shrieked after I told her. I immediately covered her mouth but Papa and Chaeyoung already heard her. They looked at us questioningly.

"I guess the Prince have the hots for you." Sana whispered before pulling me to sit beside Chaeyoung at the table.

This girl is really pushing me to him. I tried to keep my cool from his words and now his glances too. Momo joined us a few minutes later.

"I noticed how well you ride, would you..." He attempted to start a conversation but then stopped as he looked behind me. I turned and saw Rowan approaching us. "Excuse me."

He then stood and walked towards Rowan. My heart started beating wildly while me and Sana were exchanging nervous glances. Meanwhile Papa kept his cool and continued eating. But I know he's trying to listen. Momo who was eating enthusiastically earlier on, was now staring at his brother and Rowan.

We all watched them. Rowan was the first one to speak. We couldn't hear what they're talking about. After a few minutes Chaeyoung dismissed Rowan.

As Chaeyoung walked towards us, Rowan took a glance at me before turning and walked away. His eyes was the same as yesterday, the longing was still there. I felt guilty once more as he's supposed to be the one I'm thinking of and the reason why I should blush.

When Chaeyoung reached us he just stood there.

"Our departure have to come sooner than expected. The King of Nahim is expected to have a vacation on his nephew's kingdom tomorrow. We should ride hard to reach there by nightfall."

Papa stood and gestured one of the servants to come forwards.

"You should be needing supplies for your journey." He said to Chaeyoung then turned to the servant. "Tell Odem to prepare food to carry on a long journey. Tell them to hurry."

"No need for that, your highness."

"That is just a small thing. I'll have my general gather half of our men for your disposal..." Papa was about to raise his hand to call another servant but Chaeyoung interrupted him.

"I appreciate your generosity, your highness. Don't get me wrong I don't mean no disrespect but my men would be enough. I'm sure your men are well capable, yet my boys are specially trained on what we do." Chaeyoung looked at Papa apologetically. It's somewhat weird to see a Prince look like that. He's not afraid to show his emotion. His eyes reflects his emotion truthfully.

My mind wandered that there's more to him than what meets the eye. I felt a nudge on my arm. I looked at the culprit and it was Sana. I looked at her confused.

"The Prince is talking to you, you just keep staring at him." Sana whispered.

I immediately felt warmth in the face. While Momo and Sana was trying to control their laughter.

"Your highness, may I speak with Princess Mina for a moment?" He asked Papa which surprised me. Why would he want to speak to me? No not again. I don't want the same thing that happened earlier and just now to happen again. I'll just embarrass myself. I looked at Papa trying to say through my eyes that he have to say No.

To my dismay Papa said. "Of course my Prince. Go dear, he doesn't have much time." Papa then gestured for me to stand.

Chaeyoung stood beside me offering his arm. Sana squealed as I took his arm. I glanced at her with a I'll-kill-you-later look.

Momo stood and said; "Please excuse me, your highness, princess. There are things I need to tend to while the two love birds talk." Momo bowed and laughed at us before turning and walked towards the hallway.

Chaeyoung led me deep into the garden past the archway before he stopped and faced me while holding my hand.

"My stay here have been pleasant, thanks to your hospitality."

"No need to thank us." I then remembered how we first met. How I despised him and accused him of things. "Uhm... I would like to apologize for how I behaved the first time we've met. The Prince that we heard of was different from the Prince I know now."

"If you're talking about how you were yesterday, that's nothing. I do understand though. Barbaric and cold Prince, that's my reputation from the kingdoms that I haven't been to. But I'm happy to prove them wrong."

He then looked at me but his eyes shows something different.

"If it's just me, I wouldn't leave." He then let go of my hand, went near me and put his hand gently on my cheek. "I wouldn't want to part from you again."

An unknown shocks of electricity spread from my spine and spread throughout my body. My stomach felt weird like everything inside fell. My heart was beating madly. It was all caused by his words.

"I would love to meet you again, my Lady." He then went more closer that his face was inches from mine.

I felt myself stopped breathing as he smiled while his thumb were caressing my cheek.

"I'll surely miss you. But no matter, for sure I'll see you in my dreams..." He then kissed me on the cheek then said: "Til we see again, my Lady."

Another wave of electricity shot through my body that started at where his lips landed.

He let go, took a step backwards before walking away. He left me there stunned. Involuntarily, my hand reached my cheek where he kissed. My heart still beating wildly. What is this?

"My love..." I heard a familiar voice behind me. I turned and there he was... Rowan.

He ran towards me and hugged me. Here's the man I should be the cause of my excitement, the man I should be feeling those emotions with. But I never felt that way with him. His touch was different from his. Even his hug now was different compared to that time when we danced. Why?