34.

Rowan.

Cold shivers spread throughout my body as we watched the Tyrians getting nearer.

"This is it boys. Be alert. Let's get through this so we could go home early." Tyrians ships are now by the shore. "Load up!"

I saw the Prince talked to his brothers before he ran to the front line. I stared at him then back to the Tyrians. As soon as the Tyrians docked they ran towards the beach. But before they reach the end of the sands, Prince Chaeyoung lifted his sword.

"Fire!" He shouted. Me and the arrows shot towards them. All our targets fell. We kneel as we load up letting the Second line shot theirs killing the next ones. After the 3rd set of arrows the Prince shouted "Charge!"

As instructed me and the arrows stayed behind and continued to shoot the enemies. The enemies' arrows started shooting at us so we took cover by the trees and took turns in shooting back.

An arrow struck the tree were I was hiding. I noticed it's end has red feathers. I've seen this before. That night when we were ambushed, those men who speak of a different language shot the same red feathered arrow. They're are Tyrians.

My eyes grew wide. How did they reached the south? Did some of their ships sailed beforehand? Oh no. They're close to the kingdom of Once.

An enemy came charging so I drew my sword, moved quickly dodging his sword then struck him with mine on his sides. I turned and saw another approaching I picked up the fallen's sword and threw it once he's a bit closer.

I looked around looking for the prince. I saw him brought down 2 men at a time. I ran towards him striking enemies as I passed. I almost reached him when an arrow strike me by my left arm. I fell from it's force. I quickly took my bow and arrow striking right away before running to the nearest tree for cover. I took a peek and saw him stumbled and fell as I struck him on his chest.

I pulled the arrow from my arm. It's now bleeding so I ripped a part of my shirt and tie it on my arm. I peeked behind the tree to look for my sword. When I saw it I ran right away. I almost reached it when suddenly I felt great pain on my right side. It's force knocked me down. I readied my bow and shoot it. I got him by the stomach. He was about to shoot again but I was quicker and shot him again. This time I aimed at his neck, instantly killing him. I looked at my side where the arrow has struck me.

Oh no. I felt great pain from it. With all my might I broke the end of it making it easier to move. I picked up my sword and use it to support my weight as I stand.

My legs, even my whole body starting to feel weak from the pain. I looked around for the Prince again. An enemy was approaching me. I quickly moved to my right missing his sword by inches before striking him on his back.

I found him. He was a bit far from me but the pain makes me feel weaker by the second. I looked at my side, blood is dripping from it. I leaned on a tree and slowly slid down to sit. My head started to ache I feel like I'll pass out anytime.

No. I need to tell the Prince. My Love is in danger and only he could save her. I looked around and saw the red feathered arrow on a dead soldier. I then had an idea. I readied my bow and arrow and shot at the prince way. My arrow landed inches from his feet. He saw the blue feathered arrow that he knows it belongs to me. He looked around wildly and once he found me he ran as fast as he can. Thrice he deflected the enemy's sword and then stabbed them while on his way to me.

When he reached me he immediately checked where I was shot. The look on his face shows how bad my wound is. I knew I couldn't last long without immediate medical attention.

"Dammit! I told you to stay on the arrow line. Why don't you listen!" The Prince sounded frustrated as he ripped both his sleeves then wrapped it on me. I smiled, is he worried about me? I now felt groggy.

I saw an enemy approaching, I pushed the prince and struck the enemy with my arrow. The prince looked surprised on what I did but thank me upon seeing the arrow on the enemy. He went back to me and tried his best to wrap my wound.

"Hold this. Put pressure." He said putting my hand on the cloth at the top of my wound. This is far the most  excruciating pain I've ever felt.

He then helped me stand and half carried me towards a much bigger tree deeper in the woods.

"Wait here, I'll get the medic." Before he stand I took hold of his arm.

"My Lord, we don't have much time. i..."

"Don't say that. Let me get a medic to help you." I held him firmly.

"We don't have time. Mina needs you." His expression changed. Does that mean he has affection for my love? I smiled. Fate is funny, making me lose my love to a prince. But it's better him than anyone.

The pain made me wince. My sight became darker, anytime I'll lose consciousness.

He slapped me on the cheek preventing me from shutting my eyes.

"Don't... stay with me... What do you mean Mina needs me?"

"The men who ambushed us the other night are Tyrians. They use the same red feathered arrow."

"They have men in the south? Oh no. Mina." I'm glad he pieced it together fast.

"My Lord, save her please." I put something in his hand. "Give this to her and remind her of her promise. My Lord, take care of her for me."

"Don't say that. I'll get you a medic."

"No! You don't have time. They might reach Mina at the mountain of Kion. You need to ride now! Take our horse they're stronger and faster. Save them, please Save my love."

He stared at me as if trying to decide what he needs to do first.

"Leave me. I have no hope. She does, you're her hope. Please, Leave now. Please save her." My tears fell as I held on his arm and begged him.

"I'll try with all my might to save her. I'll go. It was a pleasure meeting you."

"No, my Lord. It was my pleasure fighting by your side. I'm glad we've met. I found someone who'll take care of my love for me. I'll leave..." I coughed, the pain making it hard to speak. "I'll leave this earth not worried about her, for she's in now in your good hands."

I coughed more this time with blood. My tears kept falling as I felt my death is close. I felt like choking and gasping for air at the same time. "Please tell her I love her." It became harder to breathe and then the pain were gone and I fell asleep.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Author's Note:

I cried hard writing this part. 😭
As much as I don't want to kill him, but the story needs it. Rest in Peace Rowan...