Chapter 1

All characters mentioned in this story belong to Shannon Messenger. She takes all right to all the characters. Besides Evageline.
-Jess

"Why dose it hurt?" I wince as the mark comes into view

"Why dose it hurt?" I wince as the mark comes into view. A lovely start to the year at 12pm January 1st. Being the year we all turn 16.

Your feisty, sprinting down halls.

I stare at the black ink in my arm, processing that half of my future is riding on these words.

"What's your words?" Marella asks me as she stares blankly at her's on her arm.

"Mine are 'Your feisty, sprinting down halls.' I bet it will have something to do with me going to the healing centre!" I sigh.

"Oh, I got stuck with 'Back the f up.' She must not swear." Marella peers over my shoulder to look at mine.

"I bet you it's Linh, you guys are already dating." I grab her hands to make her look in my direction .

"What, if it's not. That's what I'm scared about." Marella collapses in my arms as we speak.

"It's going to be fine." I wrap my arms around her. My red hoodie still hanging over the edge of my bed frame. "You just need to go up to her."

"Fine, but I obviously have to find out what happened in the fight that was happening between that Vacker girl and Jensi." She sighs, Jensi is one of out closest friends, being in our friend group of 6.

It is just me, Marella, Dex, Jensi, Linh, and Tam. Linh and Tam are the twins. We are also the outcast group that no one talks to. I am busy tutoring students all day while Dex is in the tech club. Tam and I are also in an online reading club together. We like to buddy read all the time.

Marella and Linh have been dating since they were 15, they decided they would go over the bridge of soulmates when it comes to that point.

Marella gets up and hands me my hoodie. "Thanks." I stand up myself and put it on, slinging my messenger bag over my shoulder.

"Let's go see if Linh and I are soulmates." She kicks open the door.

"Calm down." I pat her shoulder making my way out as I lock the door behind us. She takes out her phone, trying to find some footage of the fight with Biana Vacker and Jensi.

We make our way down 2 flights of stairs in order to get to Linh's dorm. She is in the Cila house, having a yellow tie and skirt instead.

I hate being on the 5th floor so much. I mean even the kids in Ilta are lucky. What I would do to be in Evin.

"Here." I whisper as I open the door with the spear key that Linh gave us.

"She punched him!" Marella storms in as I follow suit.

"Back the f up." Linh takes 2 steps back. They stare at each other as I look between the 2 girls, my 2 best friends.

"We're actually soulmates." Marella whispers. The words fade off their arms as each others names fade on.

"I told you so!" I smile.

"Shut up!" Marella shouts back at me.

Linh jumps forward and tackles her to the ground. "I'm gonna leave..." I step out the door, locking it and walking off to the cafeteria for breakfast.

I told Marella that they would be soulmates. Guess I'm just always right. I start down the stairs to the cafeteria, going down another 2 flights. How much I hate having my dorm on the top floor of the boarding school.

"Tam!" I see him as I wave him over.

"Hey, Soph." He walks over to me, holding a glass bottle of juice in his hand with a straw in.

"What's your words?" I ask, curious.

"There 'You listen to metal?'" It's about our favourite music genre. I quickly grab a bowl for cereal.

"Intriguing, oh and Linh and Marella are soulmates. My phrase is 'Your feisty, sprinting down halls." I quickly flash my arm.

"Linh and Marella are soulmates? What were their phrases?!" He asks as I pour a bowl of cereal now that we are in the cafeteria, starting to eat it.

"Linh's was. 'She punched him!' Marella's was 'Back the f up.'" I say through mouthfuls as we walk over to a table together.

"Okay, eat then talk though." Tam says as we take a seat at a table.

"Right." I eat the rest of my cereal as Tam goes and listens to metal through his earbuds.

I see Dex and Jensi coming over to our table.

"All show our words." Dex says as I slide my bowl out of the way. We all flip our arms over on the table.

Dex's are; Sorry, I don't live up to standards!

Jensi's are; Blue is overrated.

We all stare at each other's words.

"Of course Tam's has to do with metal and Soph's running through hallways." Jensi laughs.

"I mean Jensi's is about the colour blue! Black is better." Tam points out.

"Dex just seems to have insulted someone." I laugh.

"Can't agree more." Jensi smiles.

"Oh and, Marelinh are offical soulmates." I call the couple by their ship name.

"Your kidding?" Dex and Jensi ask at the same time as Tam and I shake our heads in reply. I have no idea where the 2 girls are at the moment.

"I can't believe it!" Dex says.

"No but to be real, pop is the best music genre." Jensi buts in.

"It's metal!" Tam states.

"I have to go with my reading buddy on this." I side myself with Tam. Metal has always been our music genre.

"Well pop is better, you just can't stand the facts." Dex says as he then gets up to grab coffee.

He smashes into some girl, it turns into shouting as I quickly get up.