Chapter 6

I see Foster heading towards the library, we were going to go together but I was late

I see Foster heading towards the library, we were going to go together but I was late. If I don't catch up to her I have to find the library myself.

"Hey, Foster." I see that she isn't wearing her blazer like usual. She looks to be shivering.

"Hello, Keefe." She says through gritted teeth as we walk through the halls to the library. She is about to tutor me for English.

"Your cold?"

"Yeah, but I left my blazer in your room 10 days ago." She shivers again.

"Here." I take off my blazer and put it on her. It looks ridiculously oversized on her but it's adorable. "You can keep it."

"Are you sure?" Foster asks me.

"I'm sure." I nod as I take her hand.

"It smells like you." She whispers as she snuggles up in it. I only meet her 10 days ago but I am already in love with her.

"Your too adorable." I twine my fingers with hers.

"Hmm." She guides me to the library because I don't know where it is. To be honest I have never been.

Foster starts to push open the doors to the library as we step inside. There are 2 levels all filled with books and a few spots to read a study on both levels. There is a stair case that goes up to the second level in the middle of the library.

"Woah." I say under my breath.

"Amazing isn't it?" She starts to guide me up the stairs as I look around, admiring everything.

"It's unreal."

"Nah, there are cooler libraries." She drags me to a table. I am starting to get why she loves it here.

"Is that really true?"

"Absolutely, now take out your English homework." She asks me.

"Here, I have to write a short story." I sigh.

"A short story! I love writing those. What's the prompt?!" It is amazing to see her perky. "They have always made me want to write a book because of how much I loved writing them. I first tried to write a book in year 5 but failed. Then again in year 8. I am currently writing one at the moment!"

"The prompt is 'the cap.' It is so lame!" I fuss.

"Well, we could turn it into fantasy and the cap has super powers..." she trails off and grabs a sheet of paper. Brain storming and drawing a diagram. "Or it could be an object in a mystery that was left at a murder. Or a gift in romance." She writes out the 3 genres.

"I think mystery."

"Mystery would be hard to solve in a short story, but time skips would be the best thing. Make sure you add all the important events."

"Right, uhm don't we need characters?" I ask.

"Yep, give me 3 names I will add last names!" She scribbles down something else.

"Uhm, Selina, Jacks, Avery." I take some random names and Fitz's middle name.

"Okay, Selina Harper, Jacks Perry, Avery Esmeray." She writes jots down the names.

"Okay, what now?" I ask.

"Who dies? Who is the murder? How do they die? What about the other character?" She throws questions at me.

"Uhm, Avery dies, Selina is the murder and Jacks is the detective. They can be college students and it follows Selina instead?" I ask to see if it's a good idea.

"Interesting, having the audience follow the murder and know that she is the murder?" Foster asks for clarification.

"Yep!"

"Okay, so how dose Avery die and what dose the cap have to do with it."

"What if Avery and Selina dated and the last gift Selina got from Avery was the cap? Then Jacks is Avery's cousin."

"That's amazing! Now paragraph structures."

"I hate this." I mutter.

"Suck it up!" Foster slaps my arm that is on the table. "So don't skip a line for paragraphs instead start the sentence in more. Also start a new paragraph for every bit of dialogue." I start to write.

Ooo

She guides me through everything as I do it. I get to the point where I reach 3 pages. It is around 11:30pm on a Thursday night.

"Done." I pass it over so she can read through it, the library shuts in half an hour.

I see her skim it through. "This is amazing." She takes a drink from her metal water bottle and gives it back to me. "Pack up."

"Finally!" I chuck my papers and books in my backpack. She dose the same thing as she slings her messenger bag over her shoulder. We start to walk out the library hand in hand.

"You did amazing." She whispers as we walk through the quiet halls.

"Thank you, you helped and did most of it." I stop myself. "Your book your writing is going to be amazing."

"My pleasure." She smiles, I stop outside my dorm and quickly grab her hand before she goes.

"Night." I leave a kiss on her cheek. Her cheeks flush red.

"Night, Keefe." She waves as the walks in the other direction. I silently open the door. Jensi is waiting.

I have become better friends with him over the past days.

"Did you take care of her?" He asks, he is quite overprotective of his friend.

"Yep, she more or so took care of me."

"Thank you, I need my friends to be okay." He pulls the covers over himself as I make my way into the bathroom. Getting my pyjama pants out as getting ready to take a shower.

"Night, Jensi!" I whisper yell so he can hear me.

"Good night, Keefe."