Chapter 1 part 3

I awoke startled. I could feel my heart racing with a painful pound throughout my entire body. It was the least amount of pain I have ever woken up to in a long time.

Where am I? High ceiling, small room. White sheets? I was in a bed, in a tower. What was outside?

There was a window on my left next to the bed. I started to panic as possible explainations raced through my mind.

"Where have they brought me?" I whispered, my mind coming to terrible conclusions. I tilted my head to glance out.

"This is... this has to be... another dungeon..." I shrunk into the bed's mattress, trying to hide myself under the covers. I held my breath and closed my eyes when I heard a door open.  

Admist the tension of my mind a single voice that sounded in the room, made me open my eyes. This voice, this feminine voice, was of concern rather then demand. Was I to finally receive mercy?

"Are you awake yet?" The voice asked gently. I risked a peek over the covers I had buried myself under. My eyes widened in disbelief. My aunt, in the flesh stood over me in this new place. I threw my arms out toward her, making the covers fly off of me. I embraced her rather roughly though it was out of desperation.

Overwhelmed by the thought of being free from my past, I sobbed.

"I missed you so much! Please don't go! I can't... I can't go back!" I cried. She held onto me, clutching me to her chest.

"I'm sorry, I am so so sorry. If only we had known my niece. We would have cime for you as quickly as we could." She murmured to me. I . I was so full of gratitude of being with them again, and out of that forsaken prison.  

"Whisper..." I heard a voice say from behind Fury. 

I held tighter to my aunt. I was scared of that voice, scared of who possessed it. I loosened my grip on her and slowly leaned over to look behind her. There he was, my father. Death. He was the one who sliced his scythe into me at the battle over Eden. I just stared at him. I slowly backed away from him and towards the bed. He saw this and froze where he was. I still remember what happened;

I was running. Running from the wails and the battle cries. My legs were throwing me forward with every stride. I was panting and was scared out of my mind because I could hear it. The sound of the hooves beating on the ground behind me. He was coming, I knew he would catch me. I could hear his horse right behind me. Suddenly, I felt the minimal pain as his scythe slid into my flesh, and flowed through me in one slice. I fell to the ground, nearly in two. I heard the horse stop about a foot away, heard him dismount the steed, heard his boots make the patting noises of him walking. He stopped next me and gently held me, not knowing I still thrived. He closed my eyes and I heard him utter two words before leaving,  

"Forgive me."

He knew I was frightened. He looked a bit disappointed as I moved away. I still loved him, but feared him too. I decided to take my chances, I took a deep breath and sprinted straight into my father and held on tight to him. He held me close to him. I cried into him. I told him how much I missed him and I forgave him for what happened.