Chapter 2: Strange Weather

I step out of dads car along with Sarah. She had a pouty face like how a kid would. "It is not that bad babysitting Toby, Sarah" I said "yeah right, all he does is cry and cry. He doesn't sleep and he throws a fit if he doesn't get what's he wants" she said with disbelief written on her face. "That is because he is a baby Sarah. A lot of babies are like that, I bet we were even like that" I said before we heard a door slam open.

We both looked at the entrance of the school doors and found an angry Ms.Everston(E-ver-stin). Ms.Everston is the head council of our school and is super strict. Last time me and Sarah were late, she made us clean the cafeteria after a food fight and had us write five pages saying we won't be late again. How unbelievably unfair.

Ms.Everston had a maroon long sleeve shirt that made her brown eyes look red, a black skirt that ended at her knees, black stilettos, a black diamond necklace with a silver chain and matching earrings, her hair was black and straight and down with streaks of silver showing her old age. "Ladies, you are almost late. Don't want lunch detention now, do you?" Ms.Everston said with an evil grin.

"No ma'am" I said putting my head down. I grabbed Sarah's arm and started moving quickly towards the doors. As we got in Sarah and I started to run to our lockers, which was right next to each other luckily. "See you between passing time?" Sarah asked me while grabbing her journal from her locker. "Yeah, I wonder if there is going to be attention on us like last time" I said "hopefully not. But we know a lot of people are nosy here, Y/n" she said with a sigh after. "That is true" I said, closing my locker and running to my first class.

I opened the door to my chemistry teachers room and quickly go inside. To find a lot of eyes on me, just like what I know would happen even though I hoped it would not. "Ah Y/n, so glad you finally decided to join us" Mr.Stein(st-eye-n). Mr.stein was a very nice teacher who got along with almost everyone but Ms.Everston. She hates how positive and nice he is towards students.

"I am not late yet" I said before checking the clock on the wall "I still have one minute left before the bell rings"I said before sitting down in my seat in the way back of the classroom. "Very well then, shall we get started on class now?" He asked the class with a smile. No one in the class spoke, just silence. I began to take notes and slump in my seat while the teacher began teaching a lesson about chemical combinations and reactions.

In the middle of writing notes, I heard a rumble sound outside. Out of curiosity, I looked out the window and found the sky a dark royal blue color. Then the clouds looked like it was forming eyes, the upper half of a man's face. I looked at it more and noticed how it looked like...The goblin king?!

I kept looking at it, it felt like I was looking into the eyes of someone I knew but not really knew. I was not sure how to describe the feeling. I was looking outside before Mr.stein called me. "Ms.Y/n, could you please answer question five" I looked at the board, thankfully I studied yesterday so I knew the answer "the answer is C" I said "very good, as you were" he said before writing on the board again.
I looked back out the window to find it gone. How strange, I hope Sarah saw it too. If not, then I think I might be going crazy.

I looked at the clock and found it was almost time to go. How long was I even looking outside? I looked at the board and quickly took down notes. Not long after I finished the first sentence, the bell rang. I quickly gathered my things and sped walk out the door. I pushed past people in the hallways to my locker and found Sarah there already. I ran up to her, "did you see what was outside?" I asked her "yes, I thought I was the only one. I asked everyone else and they all looked at me weird. Do you know what's going on Y/n?" She asked me. "No, nor do I have any clue" I said before opening my locker and gathering my stuff for my next class. I had one last class after this since it is a half day, due to fall break.